Ian

A more peaceful hobbie, Photography

Although I do take a lot of photo's most days, most of the photo's are of my projects.. Every once in a while I like to take a few snaps just for fun and because I enjoy it.

Now don't worry, I'm not about to post the clock photo's again :)

Living where I do out in sticks we do get a lot of wild life and some of it comes through the garden which is handy :)

Meet Bert..

S0074222_zps8dc15018.jpg

A green woodpecker..

DSCF2297_zps21feb17b.jpg

A lot less green woodpecker :D

DSCF2186_zps5355c6aa.jpg

A pheasant strutting his stuff.

DSCF1600_zps95edef9e.jpg

A chilling rabbit.

DSCF3592_zps29fccc2f.jpg

Some smaller wildlife, a dragonfly.

DSCF1908_zpsa5398a34.jpg

And a butterfly feasting on a blackberry.

DSCF3997_zps1e5badc3.jpg

DSCF4009_zps65a643ac.jpg

Bluebells.

P5131010_zps0b4e0d69.jpg

One year the lawn exploded into colour as the clover went into overdrive.. It looked so nice I didn't want to cut the lawn :)

DSCF2159_zps74525f50.jpg

Some photo's look best in black and white..

DSCF2386_zps344bad52.jpg

DSCF6093_zpsdf28867e.jpg

DSCF6158_zps43a1debe.jpg

And some have to be taken in the dark :D

DSCF1187_zpse5a549fe.jpg

A few slow moving mushrooms..

DSCF4014_zpsf750a780.jpg

And these last two I have no idea what they are as Photobucket is playing up and all I can see is the link!

P5131008_zps9ec9990d.jpg

DSCF4173_zps6708fc34.jpg

You know what Ian , photography was one of my passionate hobbies before I got into these tractors. It's a great hobby to follow .

Now that we are in the digital era the subjects are endless and can be done for not a lot of money .

I love getting out into the countryside & taking the camera with me.

I love the pics that you have taken , on what equipment do you use to take your pics.

Here is a picture of the swans that are residents of the pond next to my house

that's my house in the picture

post-5-0-00101700-1405193302_thumb.jpg

Norm , would you believe that youths leave this tranquil spot full of rubbish & empty beer cans every weekend. Enough mess to make you cry every Monday morning . Eastern Europeans also arrive with sack trucks full of alcohol & leave it in horrendous states.

Oops sorry Ian for distracting from topic.

I was taking a closer look at your photos and must say that they are pretty sharp & great composition, did you use telephoto with tripod?

Very nice :D

Will have to find some of mine...

Thanks Mark, yep please dig out some of your photo's and add to this thread, would love to see them.

You know what Ian , photography was one of my passionate hobbies before I got into these tractors. It's a great hobby to follow .

Now that we are in the digital era the subjects are endless and can be done for not a lot of money .

I love getting out into the countryside & taking the camera with me.

I love the pics that you have taken , on what equipment do you use to take your pics.

Here is a picture of the swans that are residents of the pond next to my house

that's my house in the picture

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a nice photo Neil, shame the non locals turn up to trash it at the weekends..

I use a Fuji HS10 camera that has a 30x optical zoom.. still getting to grips with it really, I need to get out there and use it more!

some of the photo's were taken on a tripod, but most were not.. The camera has a great "anti shake" thingy which is very handy for me :D

I find using the camera's timer to "press the button" so to speak when using a tripod is the best way to get steady clear photo's :)

Great photos chaps :thumbs:

Thanks Paul.

Great photo's there guy's :thumbs:

The stones on the beach photo is very cool Mark, I like the way the focus is only on a small strip of stones in the middle.. That's quite hard to do.. Well, I find it is  :)

Great photo's there guy's :thumbs:

Ditto !. I used to enjoy pici takin years ago before the age of Digital. Always full of anticipation waiting for the prints. 

Particularly interested in Macro images in the Animal World as well. Still have my old Kit and only bought some film a few weeks ago to check it all over before selling it -

post-94-0-49223800-1405667216_thumb.jpg

Ian , have you ever considered getting a remote shutter devise . They are not very expensive . They are great for nature pictures where you can pitch up the camera and then go and hide and then take the picture from a hide by remote control .

Great bit of kit

Ian , have you ever considered getting a remote shutter devise . They are not very expensive . They are great for nature pictures where you can pitch up the camera and then go and hide and then take the picture from a hide by remote control .

Great bit of kit

good suggestion Neil :thumbs:

if you are using Canon - they are about £3 from china, pretty useful for some shots.

I came across this thread a while back now, and I never even spared it a thought until recently.. In and out of my spare time (not that I get much now) I'm back at college studying level 2 Motor Vehicle Technician (Mechanic to you and I) I passed and qualified my level 1 in training this June.I have until May next year of level 2 them I shall be onto my final year, level 3 until I become fully qualified, I've also been fixing up and restoring another little cart to go behind my lawnranger when its finished,

however when I've been finding some time I've been taking some snaps here and there and been playing around with editing programs etc...I'm on instagram as well if any of you lot are on there?

I've picked a few of the good ones to show you guys, what do you think? all taken with Samsung galaxy S3

post-131-0-98751500-1411318770_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-10635900-1411318782_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-07433300-1411318795_thumb.jpg

heres my fav pics

little lumberjack

post-131-0-07490600-1411318812_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-01459900-1411318822_thumb.jpg

Little Mechanic hard days work now stopped for a nap. 

post-131-0-41026400-1411318917_thumb.jpg