Triumph66

Bolens Husky tractor

Here's 2 photos of my Bolens tractor as bought. I will take better photos of it once I move it out to be pressure washed. There is surface rust but she seems solid enough and to appease the wife she will now be reprinted in appropriate colours to make her less of an 'eyesore'

post-97-0-08284100-1407607537.jpgpost-97-0-63169600-1407607505_thumb.jpg
 ive turned them the right way up, NIGEL

I had a very productive few hours on my Bolens. She is structurally sound as I thought she would be; they certainly made robust tractor. I freed up the hand brake lever and the gears changes with a positive feel as well as the low and high box after liberally applying WD40. I pumped up the tyres to ease moving around the garage adm greased up the front; only one grease nipple was blocked. The PTO was also greased up and now turns freely. I will pressure wash the tractor another time. So far I need a battery, an exhaust, a set of front tyres and frustratingly part of the carb is missing. Also need to rewire the tractor as the loom is completely shot. Where is the best place to buy these from? Also if any Bolens owners with a similar tractor to mine could post up some photos of their engine bay so I can see what's missing and what goes where. So far a very satisfactory into in garden tractor ownership!

Good to see the Bolens has arrived Andrew, your not wasting any time getting stuck in :D

Sooo... Are you going to restore or preserve her as she is?

At the moment I am concentrating on getting her up and running and mobile. A part of me like the rat look, as our cousins across the Pond would say! I will have a better idea once I cleaned her off but she certainly need some work to halt the rust. I may dismantle her and have her shot blasted but that's another day. How was Sedlescombe?

Give the rust a wipe over with an oil soaked rag to keep the rust at bay, or brush on diesel as Chris would say :)

Sedlescombe was great despite today's weather. Did your brother go?

Yeah I am going to wipe the body work with an oily rag once I cleaned it off. I will find out if my brother went; I would have thought he would as it's a stone throw from his mansion.....

As I fear (and as everyone knows on the forum) this is highly contagious and I feel the urge to buy another one.....

In between jobs today I had an opportunity to pressure wash the tractor and to give it a wax wash as well. are some photos of it after it has been washed. I will this evening give the tinware a wipe over withan oily rag.

Not sure why the photos are upside down?! they not :D

post-97-0-93093800-1407779007_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-36512400-1407778981_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-33868000-1407778947_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-28686100-1407778927_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-46357000-1407778897_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-96466500-1407778852_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-06112600-1407779030_thumb.jpg

I think you only bought the Husky because it's the same colour as your Morris Minor Andrew :D:yankchain:

Looking at the photo's I can see the rear axles have what looks like a big butterfly nut's on the end.. Is the rear track adjustable in width?

The butterfly nut on the rear wheel is supposedly a diff lock! Apparently the operator just reaches over and switches the knob from the comfort of his seat. in my case, it will need freeing up with heat and liberal spraying of WD40!

Very tidy.

Like the condom cover for the air filter :D  :P

I poured gear oil over mine & rubbed in with a rag. Quite like the look

Edited by Chris