Sign in to follow this  
Generator Joe

Bearing for Ohlsson & Rice 1HP

Hello.  I also have a bearing issue.  Have a O and R 222.  Taking it apart I lost oneof the roller bearings.  There are a total of nine, I have eight and it has a metal cage. Is this something one can acquire?

Thank you

Edited by factory
Split from Bearing 3/4HP thread

:WMOM:

If it's stamped Type 222 on the crankcase can you identify which bearing the roller came from (diagram attached) or better still a picture of the bearing & where it's from would help, if you can measure one of the remaining rollers with a Vernier Caliper or Micrometer even better.

Where about in the world are you? Webhead or Wallfish may have them if you are in the US or I could help if your in the UK or Europe.

David

Ohlsson & Rice Type 222 Engine Diagram + Parts List May 69 Page 1b.jpg

Edited by factory
Moved from Bearing 3/4HP thread

On 12/22/2018 at 4:33 AM, Webhead said:

Alberto, please show photos of the bearing housings and bearings that you need. Measurements would be good as well.

I can help you with the diaphragm.

New to this - had a couple of 1hp's in bits for years and now have time to have a good look. In particular - is their a commercial equivalent o bearing #70 - i seem to be missing the rollers. In Australia 

Bearing is circ 9mmx17.5mmx9.6mm cup type roller. Were these metric or imperial as they dont seem to fall on a simple imperial measure.

Edited by factory

On 1/13/2019 at 6:01 AM, oldbill said:

New to this - had a couple of 1hp's in bits for years and now have time to have a good look. In particular - is their a commercial equivalent o bearing #70 - i seem to be missing the rollers. In Australia 

Bearing is circ 9mmx17.5mmx9.6mm cup type roller. Were these metric or imperial as they dont seem to fall on a simple imperial

measure.

:WMOM:

Can I suggest you post some pictures of what you have, as this thread is a complete mess, maybe even start a new thread, last thing you want is the wrong part, as they increased the shaft sizes from the 3/4HP to the 1HP engine

(also let us know the model or type of the engine).

All the parts used on these engines (except the spark-plug thread) are imperial as far as I know. Rollers shouldn't be a problem to obtain, the original races more of a problem.

Also check out the carb rebuild thread if you haven't seen it and remember to remove any old crumbly filter foam from the air cleaner/filter assembly.

David

Edited by factory