nobby490

qualcast cultimatic deluxe

hi i just  got a qualcast  cultimatic deluxe  rotorvator and  it in  need of a  muffler/exhaust and its 4hp engine  model numb is 100235 /type 056401-code 78063208  can any body  help with wich muffler i need  i looked but it seems to me  its a square type  bolt on but not sure  or is there any other ones  that will fit b&s engine  would be great full  of  any  help  thanks 

Edited by nobby490
miss spelt

Probably best to stick with the original pattern which may still be available from Briggs but almost certainly from one of the aftermarket suppliers. Most Briggs engines also have an internal BSP thread in the exhaust port to facilitate the use or screw in cylindrical mufflers but the proximity of the chain case and, perhaps, the driven pulley may preclude that.  

If you can find a decent period catalogue image of the machine it should be possible to identify the original item.

yes I found the original b&s engine catalogue and part numbers and I know now there are various types of mufflers for the machine all I have to do is find one for it as far as I know this machine  got2 forward speeds and a reverse so it will be interesting to see how it performs im gone restore it and give it a good service 

Th attached are from an old Central Spares catalogue and may be of use in identifying the muffler that you need. My guess is that one from the bottom of page 142 may be what's needed.

IMG_2403 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2402 (Medium).JPG