HeadExam

Old Wheel Horse

My friend has an old Wheel Horse in his shop similar to this one, it has a 6hp Clinton or Lauson motor in it. I thought about buying it and wanted to use this as some sort of reference, What is this machine? seems older than 1967, as it looks like his, which I think is a 1961.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/4892685804.html

Edited by HeadExam

That's is a Wheelhorse lawn ranger , there are a few guys here on Mom that own those.

Great little lawn tractors and quite popular. That particular one looks to be in good shape , if it were closer I would buy it

If your friend has one similar to this one below , if it is a 1961 with a Lauson engine I would guess that it is a suburban 441 which are really desirable tractors

post-5-0-57133200-1424272980_thumb.jpg

I'd be interested

Give me first offer please

Dam just noticed the $ sign

I'm not interested in the little ones, my friend wanted to know what his might be worth, but he thought his was a 501 or a 551 he wasn't sure. I bought a Wheel Horse D-160 with the single cylinder kohler that I haven't drug home to impress the missus with

Have you got any pics ? What sort of condition is it in , got any implements with iit ?

Okay Neil, I'm always a little confused, are you wanting pictures of my friends tractor? because the one I posted has pictures, I know my friends has a deck, maybe more,  an extra non OEM engine, and has been in dry storage since the 1970's, last I saw it was in better shape than the one in the link. It will take me a couple days to get pictures.