Triumph66

Clifford Mk1 Rotavator and sickle bar

Charlie whetted my appetite for a walk behind machine and I came across this in Plymouth. I haven't bought it but I am interested. Does anyone know anything about them? Is it complete? I know you can add more implements to this model. I will be interested to hear from anyone who got one. Thanks

post-259-0-68611400-1427046106.jpg

post-259-0-41878100-1427046140.jpg

post-259-0-12937800-1427046163.jpg

I think, its the same one i saw that on that auction site? 

It looks good, I've only just got my first walk behind machine. I know I have only had it a day, but I quite enjoy seeing it in my collection, I might try get a few more walk behind machines, I'd say go for it! its all a bit of fun, Im not too sure on the make or the model but the fact its got a sickle bar is real neat :D

Charlie, I agree, It's a little bit unusual to a Allen scythe. It does look solid and I love its patina too. I know nothing about these so that will be an interesting voyage of discovery.

Be good to get some more views on this one.

Yes I'm stuck with my one for looks, do i paint it or just give it an oily rag wipe over.

I'm sure the others will see this soon enough and someone will know what they are talking about and be able to share opinions, but thats how i felt once buying mine, its nice to be able to research and play about with something different from garden tractors all the time.  

Nice looking machine. Walk behinds are cool things to own but they are definitely hard work, well compared to ride ons they are :D I have quite a few barford atoms which are similar and are definitely cool machines to own. Personally I wouldnt respray it, I would definitely keep it original. Let us know if you get it.

Tom

I haven't got any yet Andrew. It looks great Charlie, even though I haven't used it yet judging by people who have it looks really good stuff.

Tom

Google Owatrol online and their website will pop up. George aka the Fife Plooman gave me a discount code. I see if I can find it for you guys.

I just find it; here it is below.

EBIRD25 Is the discount code. It's 25% discount but whether it's still valid I don't know. It's worth a try anyway.

No, not yet as I just have not got the time to have a look at it due to work commitments. It's about 25 miles away from me. Not exactly far but by the time I get home bla bla bla it's too late to sort it out.