morphemus

foot throttle

HI guys has anybody on here done a foot throttle conversion to operate as well as the hand throttle on a c series ideally a c-161 would like to see some pictures of how it was done if possible  :wacko: and has anybody know where i can get the choke and throttle cables from 

Welcome to MOM Morphemus, it's good to have you aboard. I have done a foot throttle on my latest project, but as it's more or less a full on custom build with no WH running gear left it's not really what your looking for..

A few of the guy's on our sister forum http://www.wheelhorseforum.com have done foot throttle conversion, but I can't find the right links at the mo..

thats brilliant, yes ukwheelhorsebloke i have seen you on youtube been watching your vids for a while now nice to meet you sir.

Thanks mate, good to meet you too.. The names Ian by the way :)

A foot throttle pedal wouldn't be too hard to make and fit, the fun bit would be the linkage that would allow you to use the hand throttle as well..

thanks Ian i'm terry i'm just going to have a look on that link you put up to get some idea's for the best way to attack it the linkage i was just thinking about another cable side by side

Hi Terry, let me have a think on it, I'm sure there's an easy solution.. I'm a "throw it in a pile and work it out from there" kinda guy, so it will have to wait until I'm back at my workshop tomorrow and can have a look at the carb linkage on my GT-14.

Hi Terry,

Welcome to mom!

Are you planning on adding another pedal next to the brake? Or not planned that far yet? You can't go wrong copying Ian's idea of adding one...

Then just a throttle or clutch cable with a spring on the end

Thanks Ian, yes mr meadowfield another pedal next to the brake slightly smaller so it doesn't get in the way two cables side by side same clamp on the carb just not fixed on the carb lever so the cable not in use just slides through its hole on the carb lever i know the hand throttle must be left in the off position for the pedal to work, mmmm hope you can understand this.... this is what i'm thinking anyway not planned yet i'm looking for the cables to start and i need a pto saftey switch