Ian

Projects we wish we had finished.. Please add your own to this thread

I expect we have all been here at some point, having projects that you have started but never finished despite best intentions.

Sometimes other projects crop up, sometimes it's a lack of time... But we all must have a project or two we wished we had finished.

Here's a couple of mine.. Both quite mad builds..

Project Kartasaki..

Take one Wolf Garten Cart.

Pic1.jpg

Pull out the engine..

Pic2.jpg

Cut it in half lengthways!

Pic11.jpg

And widen it enough..

Pic15.jpg

To fit a Kawasaki Gpz305 engine with a stonking 34hp..

Pic3.jpg

Like so :D

Pic18.jpg

I wish I had of finished this project as it would of been great fun.. It was about this time that I bought my first Wheel Horse which I started to restore.. Project Kartasaki got pushed to the background while I indulged in the Wheel Horse side of life, and slowly the bike parts got sold off to finance my out of control Wheel Horse habit :D

I never got far enough into the next "wish I had finished it" project to give it a name..

Yep, it's (or would of been) a Wheel Horse fitted with a BMW 900cc 3 cylinder bike engine. I started collecting parts for this build but never could find the time to get really started on it..

100_0440.jpg

100_0433.jpg

100_0436.jpg

So there you go chap's, please feel free to add your own "Projects you wish you had finished" to this thread :thumbs:

900cc BMW powered Wheel Horse! :jaw:  Can you say 0-yard mowed in under 6 seconds! :yankchain:

I have one Ian, that I'm still hoping to get finished some day, but my old engine, and garden tractor addiction keeps getting in the way!  :banghead:

Its a Smart Car gone Wild! Actually it was never a Smart Car, it was actually a road legal electric car, that got a coil over suspension installed, along with numerous other off road upgrades. Its electric motor was removed, and I put a way to under powered Honda 11hp GX340 in, and a Comet 44 Mag CVT torque converter. After realizing this wasn't enough power, I decided to start looking for a 1000cc or so air cooled motorcycle engine to put in it. Never have gotten any further. Some day. Thanks

Matt

post-112-0-75747900-1390865470_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-21629900-1390865509_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-97167900-1390865538_thumb.jpg

well, i had this suzuki ts50x moped thingy that i wanted to restore a bit and go moto crossing with, but lack of funds and time made me sell it

this is how i bought it

30075hc.jpg

this was after it caught on fire :hide:

359lr1s.jpg

after some priming

6foa5f.jpg

the cylinders, top one is original bottom one went on

2rokitg.jpg

after some colour

9lhizs.jpg

the piston after it ate some rings

10nrgo0.jpg

and the chainsaw carb that i was trying to fit

2vtytdt.jpg

and with a sawblade sprocket

xok2s1.jpg

the damn thing ate flywheel keys, would run good for 10 minutes before i had to put in another key :angry:

that's why i sold it

Koen

Edited by C-101plowerpower

I love the different selection of ways you have come up with to hold the bike up Koen  :D

I've had a few bikes over the years but I never got on with off road bikes. On the odd time I've ridden them I always felt too high up and not balanced..