Triumph66

Fuel seepage on my Bolens 800

Over the last couple of days I became aware of stale petrol smells in my garage. After checking my modern Lawnmowers and chainsaws, I narrowed it down to my Bolens 800. It was leaking from the carb so I pulled off the carb to drain the stale fuel. I have turned off the fuel tap at the petrol tank but not at the carb end. I also noticed that the float was broken which could explain why it was leaking. Anyhow I now need to put this together. I hope Brian (Bolens1000) from the States can help me out with a new float for the carb and carb kit. I will clean it all out with carb cleaner once I got all the necessary bits. I have put it all back together so I know where everything is. 

The fifth photo shows the broken float in a old washing up bowl. The last two photos shows the decals made by Mark.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I ordered my carb repair set from the US plus a few other bits and bobs for the 1050. I will have to glue the float back together as a temporary repair as these are no longer available but do crop up as NOS occasionally on eBay USA.