Hi , new to the site but have attended several shows over the years as a day visitor , but have only 2 weeks ago obtained my first what i would call " Showable " stationary engine .A 1947 Wolseley WD1/11 .( common as muck but cheap as chips )

Bought a Wolseley 500 mower the other night and the chap i got it off has only 50 engines now ? and goes to as many shows as he can each year .

The subject of insurance raised it's head and he recons he pays £3.50 a year ? .

Is this a club discounted scheme or is it an individuals price ?

Has anyone any experiance of buying such insurance  ? .

Do i have to be a club member to get into shows with the old Wolseley ? .

Where do i find out months in advance of any upcoming shows so i can book a place ?

Has anyone ever registered their car / van as a showmans vehicle so they can tow 2 trailers ?

Iff so was it a ball ache or straight forward ? .

Again , how and where can an individual get showmans insurance ( may have to ask a traveller at a fair about this one ) .

And anything else i cannot think of please ....

Edited by Mister Mad Mower
Spelling mistake

For insurance for your stationary engine and mower, have a look in a magazine for classic, vintage, horticultural machinery. My tractors are insured through Cherished Car Ins. No doubt one of the other members can elp with your machines.

You don't have to be a club member to exhibit at shows.

For info on when and where shows are held, on here for some or other web sites.

I doubt you could register a car as a showman's vehicle. Large van or lorry maybe. But you'd not be able to use it for anything else I'd think. 

Thanks for that Stormin ,I will have a look in different mags  . I was thinking of crew cab van with an extra 2 seats in the back ( 7 of us ) to leave a little room for the engine on a little trolley .And be able to tow the trailer tent .But then i thought of a showmans vehicle and how as such 2 trailers can be towed ( living caravan and ride / exhibit ) .Just an idea that i though would save me getting another vehicle just for going to shows with .

I already have a 1994 VW LT35 pickup 12' x 7' back with a Lucas 150kg swing lift fitted , and did contemplate a dismountable living box for the back , but the lack of seats prevents this idea .But iff i end up with a crew cab / mini bus the swing lift is going in the back to save pushing the engine up and down ramps .