Sign in to follow this  
Wristpin

Wheelhorse 518H engine to deck belt

Email from a friend in need of a part number for the engine to side discharge deck belt..

Apparently the site that he has used in the past no longer shows what he needs.

A Wheelhorse/Toro part number or even a pattern belt number will be greatly appreciated.

Copied from his email.

The Wheelyhorsey is a 518H

E1-18OE02 actual model number

20164 serial number

Cutter deck model 78346

Serial number 4900156

I think that it’s a 42” side discharge.

If it makes any difference, I know that it has an Onan engine.

Very good comprehensive info provided Angus :thumbs:. 3 different belt sizes and 5 Deck versions to sift through without it.

Tractor is a 1989 ( 518-H was made in 88/89 only). Mower Deck is post 2000, and my records only go up to that date.

However, the preceding Deck number was 78345 (yep 42") and there is no indication from previous model number changes by year, that they altered the belt size.

This is confirmed by Toro online records using 78436 and the serial number.

So the 3 way check I made shows the Belt Number to be 

102742, type 4L, 103 Inches in length.

Edit:- if they need the deck spindle drive belt number for the future, it is 6738. type 4L . 86 Inches in length. 

Thanks for your comprehensive reply , I have forwarded it directly to my friend. In the meanwhile he has been back through some old emails and come up with 114567. Now according to any info I can find that is a 48" long belt - hardly long enough to be a primary deck drive. I'm guessing that it may be a hydro drive belt .

His forte is computers - both systems and hardware - but he's not afraid to get stuck in with things mechanical - sometimes more successfully than others. 

Thanks again for your research.

Angus

Close with the Hydro Drive Belt. The number for that is 114895-

518-H.JPG.72292fe7d6f75da6376f103dd051675e.JPG 

If he needs one of those, then if it was mine, I would look to get an OEM Belt, irrespective of cost.

114895 is type HB (in U.S. Toro list) which is Agricultural grade. 82.95 Inches length. 21/32" x 13/32". Metric equivalent/alternatives have minor dimension differences.