Four Candles

Echo Strimmer

Hello to All, 

I've had a look at a few lawnmower and machinery sites and this is a really good one so I have joined up. There is a great variety of machinery and tools and this site is a lot less formal than others. I have quite a few projects on the go. I have six Echo SRM200da strimmer's and wondered if anyone knows where I can get a flywheel puller for these. I know I can get one from the US but the postage is high so thought I would try here first. Cheers

X2 for a pic of the flywheel - straight on with the retaining nut in the middle. Possibly there will be 2 or 3 small threaded holes spaced around the nut into which screws from a puller will engage. Probably no need to buy a puller as one can be made using a bit of scrap steel and basic hand tools.

I would have thought that those Echos would have electronic ignition so is there any need to pull the flywheels - but perhaps not.

EDIT. Just found a micro fiche of the SRM 200da and it shows points and a condenser , so you could well need to make or obtain a puller. 

Edited by Wristpin
Additional information / correction

Yes, the SRM200da has points and condenser. I have previously made a couple of pullers and have used them and they worked OK but didn't last. So thought I would see if anyone had the proper tool or knew of Someone in the UK who might supply one.  I have attached a photo of the flywheel. 

IMG_4197.JPG