Wolfgang Ashe

Tiny Tiger for sale

Hello my name is Alex and I live in southern California. Me and my grandfather were really close and over the years and he collected some amazing things. Lo and behold I was rummaging through his things and found a tiny tiger mini generator. After researching I realized there is a cult following for these machines. I'm interested in selling but am willing to hold out for what it's worth so I need feed back. I read up on the last person to try and sell and their feedback they got was 350 which I think is low. Let me know what you think. I attached pictures of my tiny tiger. Thank you.

20190524_215248.jpg

20190524_215339.jpg

20190524_215306.jpg

20190524_215504.jpg

20190524_215428.jpg

20190524_215444.jpg

20190524_215528.jpg

6 hours ago, Wolfgang Ashe said:

Hello my name is Alex and I live in southern California. Me and my grandfather were really close and over the years and he collected some amazing things. Lo and behold I was rummaging through his things and found a tiny tiger mini generator. After researching I realized there is a cult following for these machines. I'm interested in selling but am willing to hold out for what it's worth so I need feed back. I read up on the last person to try and sell and their feedback they got was 350 which I think is low. Let me know what you think. I attached pictures of my tiny tiger. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Alex and thanks for posting pictures of your Tiny Tiger.

It looks like it maybe the very common Model 300 (the band around the generator with these details is missing), these don't make anywhere near that (where did you get the 350 figure from?) as they were very popular in the 1960's and so many have survived.

From your pictures I can see the condenser needs a repair, the spark-plug lead reattaching and the cylinder side plate is missing, also I can't tell if the primer button is missing from the carb or if the carb has one of the top covers without this.

Model 300 Tiny Tiger generators in this condition typically make around $75 to $125. Rarer models with the larger tank and boxed like new ones can make around $200 to $250 or sometimes more dependant on the number of interested buyers at the time.

Here is a current screen-grab of completed listings on eBay.com, even that very nice condition complete Tiny Tiger with paperwork only made $138.

1432675205_Screenshot_2019-05-25tinytigergeneratoreBay.jpg.a1b674db815c6552ca7f934051044d39.jpg

Hope this helps with the value and I'm sorry if it seems a lot lower than you thought.

David

David is correct. That generator is the most common O&R tool out there so there are quite a few available at any given time. Sentimental value does not effect cost so I suggest you keep it. Clean it up, get it running and use it for a conversation piece and memories of your grandfather. That's where the most value is in my opinion.

The OP hasn't logged in since the end of May last year, so I don't know if he kept it or found a buyer here or elsewhere.

As Tiny Tigers are quite common, the best way of finding how much they are worth is to check the completed "auction" listings on ebay, the BIN's can't be trusted as ebay hides the actual price if a "best offer" was made.

This is a very dishonest practice, which makes sellers think they are worth more than they actually are, this in turn leads to lots of overpriced active listings that never ever sell.

David