Hello there new member here

I've just bought a westwood ride on today I know nothing at all about these machines I'm told it was running last year when last used but that guy recently had major surgery and will never be able to operate it again hence the sale

I give £20 for it yes you read that right 20 Quid I thought for that it's worth a punt

Can anyone shed any light on these machines ? Places to look for info on them ? Places to buy parts if I need any ect

Going to have a go at getting it running tomorrow 

20240629_202419.jpg

20240629_202435.jpg

20240629_202455.jpg

20240629_202725.jpg

20240629_203416.jpg

Posted (edited)

I don't think this will answer your questions, but I thought I would add this for anyone interested in the history of this machine. In the early 1970's I worked for a company, Garden Mechanisation in High Wycombe. This was the lawnmower sales and service company owned by Gerry Hazlewood, who subsequently went on to form Westwood Engineering. At some point, Westwood had purchased a stock of Dynamark Tractors from the US (I think). These had been shipped to High Wycombe in bulk and stored at the rear of the Garden Mech location on the A40 east of High Wycombe. Problems were; these were not initially sold in any quantity and also their storage location was at the bottom of the yard alongside the River Wye (the Buckinghamshire, not Herefordshire Wye). The river Wye routinely floods in winter, meaning these units were frequently waterlogged for extended periods. As a somewhat junior engineer, I was often tasked with unpacking one of these from their soggy cardboard boxes and trying to get them to function again as tractors. On most occasions I managed it, and these went on to be sold to some unsuspecting customer. Please accept my belated apologies for the condition of your mower, if it was one of mine.

Edited by SuperDumDum