neil

What courier do you use ?

When you purchase items off of Ebay or other sources , do you employ your own courier to collect goods?

Many People that use Ebay often don't want to get involved with hiring couriers , they would rather the buyer organise this .

I was wondering if you used a particular courier to collect you busy .& what company do you recommend.?

I have had Engines collected by a company called. JaysTransport from Highbridge Somerset

http://www.jaystransport.co.uk

I use" myHermes " for posting items up to 15kg, mainly because they use a drop off point system ( the local petrol station in my case) so you don't have to wait in to have it collected. Never had any trouble with them and would recommend them.

Like Sten I use myHermes for anything up to 15kg and I've never had a problem with them..

For heavier stuff I use this bunch...  http://www.postagesupermarket.com/index.php        Amazingly cheap!!  (UPDATE  DO NOT USE THIS BUNCH AS I HAVE UNFORTUNATELY FOUND OUT!)

And for anything that need to go on a pallet I use this bunch  http://www.collectmyparcel.com/pallet-delivery/

I too have used Hermes as well. I advertise if I need a collection via Shipley in the past. indeed, I am using a courier via Shipley to collect my Bolens tractor. If it survives intact, I will let you know who he is!

I don't know if Myhermes is the same unit as Hermes, drop off system sounds handy, but I've had major problems with deliveries via the latter.

Claims of delivery/Forged signatures etc. I will avoid them like the plague.

I resorted to doing my own at the moment and the next one is Thursday on 290miles round trip and I should save a fair bit on the costs overall.

Most of all, the goods will be well cared for.    

That's funny you say that Richard but I had a delivery last week from My Hermes & the parcel arrived all smashed up . Refer to the (welding cast iron thread ). I was gutted as I really liked the belt driven Planer that I bought . I just wished they would treat peoples goods with care.

Anglo Tracton aka Richard, do you run a courier service? If so I could be interested in your services. thanks

Sorry mate !, missed this question. Afraid not really. Don't like spending any more time on the roads than is absolutely necessary these days.

My 290 mile round trip from Gatwick to Worcester took 9 hours last Thurs !, just glad the Ole Transit T200 is real comfortable to drive.