HeadExam

Bolens 1556 Owner/Maintenance Manual

I got it in the post today, good to see I didn't get scammed, it's an original in fantastic shape. The manual is dated 9/71 as most tractors came to the dealer in the late summer before the model year of the tractor, that way they would seem fresher by the summer of the following year. It wasn't unusual for tractors to be sold as new 2-4 years after they were made.Here are some pictures from inside

post-384-0-46978000-1430352577_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-28194200-1430352591_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-04752900-1430352605_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-73228800-1430352618_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-32334600-1430352632_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-68106600-1430352657_thumb.jpg

Looks brand new , great find , you could sell copies of that and make a few quid

I asked Old Buzzard to help make a .pdf file of the manual and I'll share it for free; he has the software to do it. The manual cost me quite a bit of money, but I have always believed that these old manuals should be shared so we don't lose them. I uploaded over 80 manuals on GTTalk forum alone and have shared over 20 manuals that I have bought that weren't on .pdf or available anywhere else that I purchased myself. I could use the money, but this isn't how I want to make it. I am very passionate about the tractor collecting hobby and life as well, in that if you are not going to give a good effort, it shows a deficiency in character. That belief has gotten me into trouble, well that and my mouth, because it seems that their is a extraordinarily vast difference in what people believe is a "good effort".

That's a lovely find to get an original Bolens manual. Good of you to upload and share your records for others.

There is another one on ebay, not as nice, for a little over 16 quid which is about what I paid for mine. I thought many of you wouldn't mind having a reproduction copy that you could print or save for free.

I got a few BOlens brochures and owners' manuals for my tractors. I love the 60s sales pitch and photography. I have a whole stack of literature for my Morris Minor LCV van going back years; all part of my collecting bug and I really dig that nostalgia too.

I got a few BOlens brochures and owners' manuals for my tractors. I love the 60s sales pitch and photography. I have a whole stack of literature for my Morris Minor LCV van going back years; all part of my collecting bug and I really dig that nostalgia too.

I DO TOO, Andrew. I love seeing the clothes, and houses, the cigs, and pipes, if you look up Popular Mechanics in google boos you can see all those old pictures and ads for cars tractors, boats airplanes, and electronics. I'm almost 58, I grew up during this time period, really neat to reminisce.