mowerdar

Oh dear the bugs struck again

It is terrible Paul that's the 2nd time it's happened in less than a month. Counts now at 3 and no idea yet was nearly dark when I picked it up so haven't really had a good butchers yet but I'm guessing late 70s early 80s at a guess will try and find some numbers out tomorrow when it gets put in the unit

I've looked but can't find out what it actually is as there's no model numbers or anything cheers for looking though Paul

Edited by mowerdar

All I can find is a MTD brochure which features tractors badged up as Lawnflite, that dates from 1975 so would that make your machine

later than that ??

No worries even the old school mower mechanic couldn't find anything on it when I asked for a drive belt for it

It reads 11/38 on the bonnet in your first photo where its in the trailer, I took it from that...

post-99-0-24417000-1432754423_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-76442100-1432754468_thumb.jpg

Cheers Paul going by the brochure I'd say it's basically the second but with a 11hp engine as it's got a 3 speed transaxle and grill is slightly different but front tyres match what's on there so guessing there original so I'm thinking it maybe abit later than 75 I'm guessing more like 80ish hopefully taking it to my mower man so he can see clutch and belt set up to see which of the 3 belts in his parts file will fit

Edited by mowerdar