HeadExam

I'm a Train Mechanic

This is the last of the three original Barnum and Bailey circus trains that used to tour with the circus. They junked the others from what I heard and this one belongs to a fellow that uses them at festivals and events. It is a Massey Ferguson 1650 garden tractor underneath the train costume. I repaired the brakes and rebuilt the steering column last year, this fall they will bring it back for routine maintenance. They complained about a part of the tractor on the rear that was causing difficulties and was in the way, so I removed it for them and gave them another spot for storage. The part was the complete three point hitch, they said I could dispose of it as i saw fit, I did, its on my tractor now.

post-384-0-41092700-1436819340_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-50015600-1436819349_thumb.jpg

Turning garden tractors into trains does seem to be a strange obsession all round the world...

This one was spotted at Tractorfest in 2013, somewhere under the bodywork is a Wheel Horse!

20130825_113250_zps1d89c3e1.jpg

Nice score with the 3 point :thumbs:

Turning garden tractors into trains does seem to be a strange obsession all round the world...

This one was spotted at Tractorfest in 2013, somewhere under the bodywork is a Wheel Horse!

20130825_113250_zps1d89c3e1.jpg

Nice score with the 3 point :thumbs:

The reason why, you don't have to lay tracks