Fix'em all

Old Briggs engine help

Hi all, can anyone help with the part number of the diaphragm fitted to an old (maybe late 60s) 3.5hp vertical Briggs engine please. It is a white engine and the carb is Not the automatic choke type. I think the engine code says 65902. It is fitted to an early (green) mountfield m1 Tiller.

3 hours ago, Fix'em all said:

Hi all, can anyone help with the part number of the diaphragm fitted to an old (maybe late 60s) 3.5hp vertical Briggs engine please. It is a white engine and the carb is Not the automatic choke type. I think the engine code says 65902. It is fitted to an early (green) mountfield m1 Tiller.

Hi, Can you check that number again and post the full Model, Spec and Serial numbers. I can't find a record of it.

The 6 = cubic capacity in Cu Inches. Your 5 = a Design number. Your 9 is the Carb Type (9 is a Vertical Pulsa Jet). 0 = Plain Bearings. 2 = Rewind Starter.

It is possible the number should read 60502.  The important number in your case is the 5, as it is a different Carb (Vertical Vacu Jet).

If you can post a good clear Picture of the Carb here as well, we can establish the correct original Carb you have and that is not a replacement.

Will then be able to provide a correct part number for the part(s) you need.

Thanks for all your replies. I think I messed up with the first digit of the model number. I have attached a few photos but looking at the diaphragms in the parts list I am not convinced it is the same as any of them. I will ship the carb off & have a look. Cheers, Ian

IMG_20160929_173255.jpg

IMG_20160929_173337.jpg

IMG_20160929_173526.jpg

IMG_20160929_173433.jpg

IMG_20160929_173632.jpg

I think that one is for the auto choke model. The diaphragm is about that size but doesn't have the part that connect to the choke flap. The carb has the small spring and curved washer like the horizontal carbs but the diaphragm is bigger than the 270026 that they use.