Sign in to follow this  
howardman

Trusty Trouble

Picked up a single speed trusty tractor  a few months back (non runner) but  unfortunately it held a nasty surprise in the form of  a worn down  pinion shaft. Here is a photo of a the bad one that came off the Right hand side and the OK  one that was fitted to the left hand side. Got a price for €500 !!! to make a new shaft . If anyone has any leads send me a pm . Seems to be only complete machines that come up for sale . I don't think I have ever seen a more worn down shaft !!!! brings a new meaning to driven into the ground!!

PC060001.JPG

Can't see why it would cost any where near that money, try someone that does waterjetting or laser cutting should get one made for under £100 if you have any problems send them to me I have some good contacts

Thanks  for the offer but i have brought it to several engineering shops and to they were all around the same price ..it is a shaft splined on both ends and case hardened . I will track one down eventually and mean while i am restoring a howard gem 180 degree twin..thankfully running now after new pistons and a re bore.