Oakslayer

O&R ice auger

Well I have this vintage Strikemaster ice auger that my uncle wanted to get running, it runs, but not well i believe it has a seal leaking . So he now is thinking of selling . Do any of you guys know what the value is for this?

IMG_20170417_164658470.jpg

Edited by Oakslayer

Some more pics would help.

Hopefully it wasn't run with the old crusty air filter material still inside the air cleaner. That crap gets sucked into the engine easily. The tank doesn't appear original but that is also a later model unit which was made in the 70's. It appears to be in good condition.

You'll see all kinds of prices out there for O&R stuff and they do trend up and down. The older and stranger the piece, the more they are valued by collectors. Personally I'd value it between $150 on the low end and $250 on the higher end but you never know when listing it on ebay. With auction style bidding if someone wants it more than the other guy it can easily go up. If no one is buying it could go down. I might be a bit bias too since I already have ice augers so it's always possible a collector which doesn't have one yet, could be willing to pay more. Shoot me a PM on here if you want to skip listing it for sale and I'll make you an offer.

Looks like the one from this thread:

Hopefully both sections of the old disintegrating filter foam were removed as we didn't mention it in that thread, but it is in the linked carb repair tutorial thread.

David

Yes you are correct that is my previous post. I did get the foam cleaned out and replaced before attempting to start it. I purchased the carb diaphragm and new style carb base with the ball instead of rubber

wafer style fuel shutoff from (Webhead). Thanks for the replies. Keith