HeadExam

Apparently Americans Don't Have A Patent on Stupidity

This was not all that far from me, Alain. Unfortunately this kind of thing happens regular. Not so much the drugs and alcohol, but people going up the fells and mountains ill prepared. Unless some one has had an accident or fallen ill, then they should be fined and the money go to the rescue teams.

6 hours ago, Stormin said:

This was not all that far from me, Alain. Unfortunately this kind of thing happens regular. Not so much the drugs and alcohol, but people going up the fells and mountains ill prepared. Unless some one has had an accident or fallen ill, then they should be fined and the money go to the rescue teams.

My field of study is social theory and from my research it appears that technology is partly responsible in reducing people ability  to think and engage in meta-cognition. From the use of texting and the use of images as emotions people are no longer actually engaging in real communication or real emotions. The long term effect of this is the inability to foretell future events or to understand current situations. With the lack of communication comes the lack of thought. The fact that  authorities do not fine or punish people for not thinking seems to aggravate the situation by giving a tactile acceptance of the act.