CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Orline Amp Champ Diagram?

Curious if anyone might have an exploded view diagram or parts list for an Orline Amp Champ?  If so, I would appreciate access to a scanned copy, pdf.

Thanks,

Clint

As far I know I have never seen an exploded view or parts list for any version of the Amp Champ, should I add a wanted section to the manuals thread?

This is the only advert I have seen for the Amp-Champ (apart from the magazine articles), I can't remember where on the web the picture came from.

1492837226_AmpChamp.jpg.b6ee65102410b222c51e7666edeef58d.jpg

David

Should the inner shaft shown here in the photo spin freely?  On this unit the shaft rubs and cogs a bit when you turn it by hand, it is definitely not a smooth rotating bearing type feel.  Also, is there supposed to be oil in the barrel where the coil is located?

317138A4-D774-469D-A44C-7026CBD103B3.jpeg

CEC6AA32-815A-4E0C-8291-9FEEB3ECE1DD.jpeg

7 hours ago, CNew said:

Should the inner shaft shown here in the photo spin freely?  On this unit the shaft rubs and cogs a bit when you turn it by hand, it is definitely not a smooth rotating bearing type feel.  Also, is there supposed to be oil in the barrel where the coil is located?

The rotor has permanent magnets, these will be attracted to the steel parts of the stator that the coils are wound around, therefore it won't spin freely.

If it's rubbing could there be some swarf stuck in there somewhere.

There is a warning on the Regina Champ to not remove the rotor, maybe it would lose some magnetism.

SAM_5721e.jpg.2e0329fb9aed5195ad506680d8adb4cc.jpg

Not sure what you mean about the oil, is there some residue in the bottom of the casing?

Interesting to see the coupling is different to the Regina Champ version too.

SAM_4717a.jpg.21e350b72e6db97ecd017d35090ca91f.jpg

David

Thanks David,

Interesting, I was about to try to remove the outer plate cover that holds the rotor shaft and bearing (held on by 4 screws shown in your last photo). Maybe I’ll hold off on that move...  there was a little oil residue on this same piece near the bottom of the casing and a little in the threaded holes. Not a lot of oil but definitely not accidental.  Well it definitely rubs and kind of pulses when you turn it which can really be felt when pulling the starter rope - it almost clunks on the 1/4 rotation.  At first I thought the flywheel key or a bearing was bad but once I pulled the engine free of the main electrical housing it all turns as normal. It only behaves oddly on the rotor shaft thing.

Clint