Jump to content

CNew

Supporter
  • Content Count

    1,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    51

CNew last won the day on July 10

CNew had the most liked content!

About CNew
 
 
  • Rank
    Advanced Member
 
Profile Information
 
 
  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Arizona
  • Interests
    Ohlsson & Rice and 1960s IH Cub Cadet and other vintage stuff
 
Recent Profile Visitors
 
 
1,459 profile views
 
  1. That Crutching unit is a nice find! I’ve never heard of such a thing. Thank you for posting all the manuals and parts info as well, this early TAS stuff is hard to find!
  2. Welcome to the forum! Cool engine and nice find. Looks to have the coveted Octura carburetor and mounting bracket. The water cooled head looks to be a nice conversion as well. If you do decide to open it up usually cleaning the contact points works wonders to get a strong spark.
  3. https://shopee.com.my/BRUSH-CUTTER-(BG328)-FLOAT-CARBURETOR-MESIN-RUMPUT-BG330-TB33-TL33-i.336498265.5164431335 this looks like a possibility too… try also searching parts for an Echo PB-202. It used a carb that looks very similar and the float is still available from PartsTree and eReplacement parts. Might be worth a try… https://www.partstree.com/models/pb-202-echo-handheld-blower-parts-sn-0001001-0040501/carburetor-3/
  4. Can you add a photo of the float bowl? Would something like this maybe fit? https://www.ebay.com/itm/292981446733?hash=item44370e184d:g:Z-oAAOSwYyVcdEeD
  5. Learned today that Montgomery Wards also made a 1.5 hp version of their Sea King outboard that used the O&R 20A engine. I forgot about an eBay listing for a parts list from Wards and ended up missing out on getting it…
  6. Love the Haws watering can- been eyeing on of those but they’re next to impossible to get over here without letting go of an arm…
  7. That’s an interesting pump. The engine looks like a cross between an old Roper with a Cox. Do you think the engine could be a runner without too much work?
  8. Checked out the Grand brass site a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately the ring is more like heavy gauge wire size rather than a 1/2 tube.
  9. No gaskets. I was a little surprised. The machined aluminum surfaces are nicely done but I would image a slight bit of oil/great could leak.
  10. No issues. I just logged in and opened some of the PDFs, seems to be working.
  11. Finished the Chug-a-Drill (at least until I find a loop handle or have one made). Took some serious cleaning but well worth it. It’s definitely an awkward tool to sit down without the loop handle. Resting in on either side makes contact with the exhaust, tank, air cleaner or coil.
  12. Made a little more progress today. Interesting gear box. Nice and messy...
  13. Got the chuck off...
  14. Good news. After several days of Kroil and Ballistol I put in some tedious time with a very fine pick this afternoon to try to remove as much rust as possible on all the interfacing surfaces. I then followed that with a torch and some gentle persuasion with a mallet on the chuck key. I finally got it free and the chuck opens and closes like a champ now.
×
×
  • Create New...