Sign in to follow this  
expeatfarmer

Shrewsbury Steam Fair

Spent a very enjoyable four days at the Shrewsbury Steam Fair recently, camped on site with excellent facilities and good site  only spoiled by a knob with an industrial generator who parked next to us, I queried the need and he said it was to run the fridge and not to worry he would turn it off at 10 pm  WE MOVED. Amazing spectacle with 94 large steam traction engines numerous statics and 25 scale steamers as well as cars, bikes, militaria, tractors ,horses and stationary engines. Live displays of sawmills, see saw ploughing with twin engines, a cider mill ( selling disgusting cider ). The weather was good , multiple food outlets from all over the world and a very good bar and entertainment tent with various tribute bands at night. The steam powered funfair was amazing especially when lit up at night. I would recommend anyone to go next year if you have the chance.   

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3092.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

IMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

To be honest the traffic to get in is what stopped me going to this show. Even at 8am the bypass gets gridlocked solid.  

Once in i agree with you,its an amazing show, takes hours just to see it all, but I can't stand the que to enter the site.