mowerdar

Bolens g8

Been offered a bolens g8 any body know anything about them I know it's a vert engine tractor but pictures I've seen don't match any on google cheers Darren

If at first you don't succeed Use a bigger hammer

In my opinion, Bolens are great little tractors. The Bolens G8 denotes that it's a 8HP engine with gears. I think the engine should originally be a Tecumesh engine. Incidentally, the H denotes a hydrostatic. The G8 essentially replaced the Bolens 813 in 1973.

There are other more knowledgeable members who can provide more information than I but it certainly a good little tractor and, unlike the Wheel Horse, parts are getting harder to source but they are still out there.

Good luck!

From memory (happy to be corrected), the G8 was the odd one in the range with the remainder being tube frame tractors. The G8 is the newer version of what was originally called the Bolens Husky Pup's. They are often called small frame tractors. I believe the G8 has a vertical B&S engine with a transaxle similar to a early Westwood.

They share a few parts with the tube frame tractors, the most notable part being the foot pegs. I have a Bolens Husky Pup 613 in my collection.

If you Google "bolens husky pup" it should give you some pictures, including some pictures of mine. They are a good solid machine but not designed for ground engaging attachments.

If you need any specific pictures or details let me know and I will check mine.

Hope this helps

Iain

Thanks for the replies missed out on it as couldn't get away form work in time shame I liked it as was different to the usual wheel horses