jparkes43

1968 wheel horse lawn ranger

Sand blasting at school :o

Sounds like I should have gone there B)  :D

A good little project you have

yer we got it all. thank you its really good for all the support

james

Hello guys, sorry for my recent absence, but i have been waiting for my days to be free. so here i am back with some news, i have 4 new tyres and 4 new inner tube for my lawn ranger. the rear tyres are in the back of my car and i am taking them of with the tyre machine later on today so expect an update late today early tomorrow if all goes well. not much in terms of progress but a huge step forward because now i have some parts to make it a rolling chassis after i sandblast at school.

IMG_0698_zpsj3s21e3y.jpg

IMG_0717_zpsbligylar.jpg

James

Edited by jparkes43

you want to look out for a new engine james

whys that Nigel? the old one seems fine.

Guys as promised, another update the tyres are off. a tyre machine to break the bead and then some elbow grease with some leavers because out machine didn't go small enough :D  and eventually it came off after some tyre cutting ;)  then i got two new rubber air inserts with valves and caps :thumbs:  now to get in with the sand blasting and painting etc ten ready to make it a roller again.

IMG_0718_zpsczsjo2iz.jpg

IMG_0719_zpsbyszjca5.jpg

IMG_0720_zpsvuivvus6.jpg

IMG_0721_zps5rrmxayu.jpg

IMG_0722_zps2hffk57z.jpg

James

Edited by jparkes43

What size did you get for the front and how do they compare with the original 4 50 x 4

i got some 4.00X4 and they look pretty good compared to the originals obviously a tad thinner an they look good. which is fine they will fit. also i noticed that rears are tubeless so i am returning the old tubes to get my money back. i got the original sized rear tyres

james

i am prepping them tomorrow, and priming and painting them hopefully tomorrow. so you will see them looking good soon. then tyres on 

james

Good luck getting the tyres on. We had a real struggle on the little lawn ranger last year

i had a struggle getting them of with no machine because ours was to large. me and my friend with 3 levers and some weight and elbow grease in the heat manged it so we can mange it again with some soapy solution. at least the fronts will be ok ;)

james

it was such a shame that today there was a lesson on when i wanted to use the sand blaster so only one half of one split wheel. but at least that is done, and i got the two tubes in the two front tyres so i can test fit them.

IMG_0728_zpsxclogqkw.jpg

IMG_0730_zpstulyuvhq.jpg

james