Jackthehat

Tractor wanted in uk (newbie)

Hi new to this forum stuff so in advance sorry if I'm going about this the wrong way

Now ..

I'm looking for a nice old tractor something different I like early wheel horses a lot but all the better shape ones e.g lawn Rangers etc seem to be in u.s just wondered if anyone on here had any at all for sale

I'm not to fussy ðŸ‘

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Theres a few of us on here with Wheelhorse's, you may want to start a topic in the wanted section, and tell us more of what your looking for, I have 20 so may be able to help.

Chris

Ahh great !

I'm after as a starter anything old I like bolens wheel horse Cubs etc but just want one to start me off

What ones did you have that you would be willing to part with ?

I'd love to start a small collection my self had a bolens 600 year ago loved that

The round hood wheelhorses are rare in UK , occasionally a lawn ranger will rear its hooves and show up for sales &you may have to wait & be patient . The round hoods will command more money when buying .

Check out Ebay as most of us do as garden tractors often come up for sale there.

C series or raider are the most popular , when buying a tractor be mindful that there are lawn tractors & garden tractors and there are limitations with lawn tractors in what they will do when you want to work them

Good luck

Ask as many questions here on Mom as possible before you make your purchase ,

And a purely optional thing you may want to consider is become a supporter here at MOM , for just the price of less than a packet of ciggies by becoming a supporter of the forum you will get a years supporter membership & this will give you extra benefits of this forum , as many other members have found out .

Good luck & have fun

I wanna become a supporter how do I do it also thanks for the advice top banana 😉

I wanna become a supporter how do I do it also thanks for the advice top banana 😉

hi jack im james 16 and from the uk and welcome to the forum, i have a 1968 lawn ranger!!! just for you to have a look at she is currently in restoration (http://myoldmachine.com/topic/1437-1968-wheel-horse-lawn-ranger/) good luck with what ever you buy, i also have a newer wheel horse 227-5 from 1990 called Juliette  :D

IMG 0252

IMG 0242

james

I wanna become a supporter how do I do it also thanks for the advice top banana
I wanna become a supporter how do I do it also thanks for the advice top banana

here you go supporter!! (http://myoldmachine.com/store/)

p.s rangers and rj's and suburbans (age of tractor your after) are very rare (and valuebale fully restores in the uk rangers can go just below of £1000 or i have been told) but you can get one like mine for 300-400 ish, in the uk as they where not imported by wheel horse only privately i was very lucky to find mine from charlie (charlie smith) on here that was in the condition i liked, i saw one other on fleebay but it was too far away for me, so took me a while but it is possible, but as i said a started of with a newer 1990 wheel horse 227-5 not very popular but let me be creative with what i did. i said to my self that i would probably never own one but perseverance and i got one.

pm me Juliette might be able to be for sale of you like her. 

topic thread (http://myoldmachine.com/topic/1318-some-of-you-might-know-me/#entry13618)

james

Edited by jparkes43