Jackthehat

Works started on the lawn ranger what's the best colour of red ?

There were a number of IH "Red" colors.  You would want one of the earlier ones that are a brighter red.  One similar to what was used on the letter series Farmall tractors.

There were a number of IH "Red" colors.  You would want one of the earlier ones that are a brighter red.  One similar to what was used on the letter series Farmall tractors.

that's what i used, it's called ruby red

Nice looking machine mate, i take it your plans are to do a full restoration? I have been told IH red is what to use, you can buy it in liter tins from that auction site, I've never brought the IH red but i have brought the IH white which looks lovely on the wheels. I have purchased 2 tins of IH white from the same seller on the auction site that sells the IH red as well, and considering the prices of paint these days its pretty cheap. I haven't had any problems with it, good quality paint, the IH white is what i used on my wheels of my raider 10 and my cubcadet i also sprayed the cubcadet bonnet with the same IH white. 

As for your implements... I have the original manuals here for a 1968 lawn ranger and it says...

attachments available :

32" Lawn Roller (7-2311)

32" Snow Thrower (6-3211)

38" Dozer Blade (6-3111)

4 Wheel Utility Wagon (7-2111)

2 Wheel Dump Trailer (7-2211)

Spiked Disc Aerator (7-2411)

Spiked Tooth Harrow (7-1611)

Optional Accessories 

Tire Chains (8-2411)

Front And Rear Wheel Discs (8-0521)

Headlight Set For Model 1-2631 ONLY 

Cheers for your help Charlie

Im going to order paint I've found it on that auction site and sure am going to give it full resto I have spent last 2 weeks sauceing a carb pull start and valve seat for the oringinal engine which I've noticed a lot of the ones(lawn Rangers) I see in uk don't have there oringinal engines any way engines all up and running sweat I need a dozer blade

sounds good I look forward to seeing the progress, You're correct they all seem to have replacement engines, I just sold one to James here on my old machine and when I purchased it originally it had a Clinton replacement engine on it, however when I sold it to him I had put the correct engine back onto the machine, hes gained some good progress with it, hope to see all these machine at some shows! 

as for a dozer blade for this machine... I'm thinking you'll have just as much luck as finding hens teeth, as the ones for other tractors wont fit I shouldn't of thought anyway.. maybe you could make one?