HeadExam

Bolens manual site

Now that Sonny's Bolens site has been taken down and I did not mirror it (dumb, dumb, dumb) manuals for some tractors seem to be hard to find. here is a site that many may want to look at. The URL says Sonny's, but I'm not really sure as the front page says G&B tractors which I thought was a restoration company from Connecticut 

http://www.sonnybolenstractors.com/

Sonny's is out of business and has been for a couple of years.

That's two guys working out of a 'Garage in a Box' in their back yard and trying to capitalize on what's left of Sonny's name.

They just ripped off what was on the old Sonny's site

The best source on the internet for Bolens, and other GT manuals as well, would be the GTTalk forums. 

They have 2201 files related to all of the various Lawn and Garden tractor equipment manufacturers, 567 of which are related to Bolens.  They include Operators and Parts manuals for tractors and implements, Service Bulletins, advertising brochures, etc.

Sonny's is out of business and has been for a couple of years.

That's two guys working out of a 'Garage in a Box' in their back yard and trying to capitalize on what's left of Sonny's name.

They just ripped off what was on the old Sonny's site

The best source on the internet for Bolens, and other GT manuals as well, would be the GTTalk forums. 

They have 2201 files related to all of the various Lawn and Garden tractor equipment manufacturers, 567 of which are related to Bolens.  They include Operators and Parts manuals for tractors and implements, Service Bulletins, advertising brochures, etc.

GTTalk has 567 Bolens manuals, ONLY one is for a small frame mower, the G8 (813), so while your assertion about GTTalk being the best site for Bolens manuals maybe true, it is less than adequate/accurate if you have a small (stamped) frame tractor. I believe that is the topic of this post and the poster's inquiry. Public records do not say alot for Sonnys name or reputation, but that his problem. I do not approve of the G&B guys using anyone's name or site in the way they do. They are mirroring much of Sonny's old site as well as the Miller tire site. Their URL is sonnysbolenstractors and it says that name in the links that are supposed to go to Miller tire, Sonny's, etal. I really don't have a problem with you suggesting another forum in order to help someone, but there is no older small (Husky Pup) frame manuals at GTTalk. I really would have thought you knew that, lol. Crap, I hope I don't get in trouble for being honest.  :unsure:

Edited by HeadExam

Yeah, the Small Frame Manuals section is pretty thin, but it's at least a start.

The Small Frames just aren't as popular as the TFs and LFs, so it can be a problem finding manuals the them and the attachments.

I have a big binder (6" thick) full of tractor and attachment manuals.  I''ll look through it to see if I have anything one the Small Frames in there.

If I have anything not on the GTT site, I'll scan it and upload it here and there.

Yeah, the Small Frame Manuals section is pretty thin, but it's at least a start.

The Small Frames just aren't as popular as the TFs and LFs, so it can be a problem finding manuals the them and the attachments.

I have a big binder (6" thick) full of tractor and attachment manuals.  I''ll look through it to see if I have anything one the Small Frames in there.

If I have anything not on the GTT site, I'll scan it and upload it here and there.

OB you have been a wealth of information and a solid guy. I meant no disrespect to you about your post, and I know you weren't doing what others sometimes do on other sites. Thanks so much! 

Edited by HeadExam

I believe that there are a few more small frames Bolens around the UK due to the size of our smaller properties compared to our American counterparts. The LF Bolens here are difficult to find.

When in Rome.....

Or in this case, "Jolly Olde"...  :D :D :D

I hope one day to see your fair city, its history surrounding the University is of great interest to me. They don't teach much history in school these days, especially not multicultural history, but you can be very, very proud of your community OB.

I believe that there are a few more small frames Bolens around the UK due to the size of our smaller properties compared to our American counterparts. The LF Bolens here are difficult to find.

Well I have 3 LF in my shed so maybe thats why Andrew :D

Well I have 3 LF in my shed so maybe thats why Andrew :D

Chris I believe you got the last LF in Ireland as well !

Anyway, we now know where the UK's supply of Bolens LF are.........

Maybe it's just old age, but I think it is so much nicer to view online manuals on a well laid out web site than the manual section of a forum.

Iain