HeadExam

Bolens Sheet Metal Screws

albanycountyfasteners.com has the sheet metal screws for Bolens tube frame tractors, the later models with the two lower side covers take 25 screws in total for the side panels, dash tower, fender pan, etc. Really hard to find real truss head screws any longer, I've been looking for these for a while. Stainless steel to boot and under 10.00 US with free shipping on eBay

I accidentally made double post here on this subject, can a moderator delete the one without pictures? Thanks

OOOPS, I gues the one with pictures was deletd

post-384-0-57833100-1429704244.jpg

post-384-0-56009500-1429704258.jpg

post-384-0-47562600-1429704275.jpg

post-384-0-05268500-1429704296.jpg

Period fasteners are getting hard to acquire, many like plow bolts can be found at Fastenal here in the States, but they are getting scarce, as are domed carriage bolts and screws with attached grip/washer surfaces

Alain,

Thanks for posting this; always useful to know where you can get hard to find items.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, but my I'm still first on the list for the old Bolens find, lol. I really hope that find surfaces, because it will be a treasure trove to you guys. It seems every time I open Yahoo news I'm hearing about one of you blokes over their finding some sort of treasure, or coin. Do you all own metal detectors or are they permanently attached to your arms, lol  :D

Alain, don't start that again! I see my softly sofly approach have not worked.....

It is amazing what these metal detectors guys keep unearthing. A guy recently bought a detector and on his first outing discovered a treasure trove I think of Roman coins. Fortunately he was an honest guy and declared it.

Alain, don't start that again! I see my softly sofly approach have not worked.....

It is amazing what these metal detectors guys keep unearthing. A guy recently bought a detector and on his first outing discovered a treasure trove I think of Roman coins. Fortunately he was an honest guy and declared it.

You mean you are considered dishonest if you don't declare what you find? What happened to "finders keepers, losers weepers". It would seem that if it was under ground you owned and not a a public resource such as oil, coal, or water, what was on your property should belong to you.

Roughly speaking,any treasure trove is, essentially, the property of the Crown, which is then shared with the landowner and the finder get some monetary value or if there is a stash of coins he may get get one as a keepsake. Usually the local museum houses the treasure find if it is considered 'not uncommon or unusual', but real rare items are housed in one of the London Museums. As I say, this is a very rough interpretation of the law. If there is someone who knows more about this, please enlighten me.

Roughly speaking,any treasure trove is, essentially, the property of the Crown, which is then shared with the landowner and the finder get some monetary value or if there is a stash of coins he may get get one as a keepsake. Usually the local museum houses the treasure find if it is considered 'not uncommon or unusual', but real rare items are housed in one of the London Museums. As I say, this is a very rough interpretation of the law. If there is someone who knows more about this, please enlighten me.

Laws that benefit the rich or enable the poor are not really laws they are benefits to those above the law and constraints on those beneath the law. We have those laws here as well. It is why I do not enter into any agreement with an employer, government, or state. In thirty years I have received a check from no man, I work only when I need too and only for goods and silver. Retirement package really sucks, but life is good, no mail from those that think they own me or my garden.