HeadExam

Agricultural Protest in Belgium

Can any one enlighten me about the veracity of this news story? We in America get drug laced news stories designed to alter our opinion of world events. Leaders here have figured out we can be psychologically manipulated so easily they can forego the Catnip and Deer Cocaine, pity, I enjoyed both.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150801/1025304166.html#ixzz3hnK5M3pK

Things are bad for the smaller farms here. Especially dairy and sheep. The price they get for milk, barely covers the cost of production. Of the 4 farms nearest me, only one still has dairy cows. And the rules and regulations imposed on farmers now, mainly due to the environmentalists, beggars belief.

Don't know about that.

farmers can apply for some of the common agriculture policy pot...  but we probably spend most of it appeasing french farmers and putting fires out on the channel tunnel  tracks :D

farmers can apply for some of the common agriculture policy pot...  

Try it. You'll find more strings attached to knit a dozen vests. The thing is, farmers are not wanted to farm, just be custodians of the countryside. But not as they have been since time immemorial, but to the environmentalists rules.

I know, it's easier to not bother than even try.

Though for all the poor hard done farmers I know - due to poor milk prices and tax, they all have some pretty nice kit...  100k tractors, 100k harvesters, 40k teleporters, trailers, spreaders and shiny new land rovers :) so they obviously make just enough to pay for them... :P

And how many are paid for, Mark. Unfortunately, for every one of those, there's 20 just getting by. My mates youngest son's wife earns more child minding 5 days a week, than he does 7 days a week and long days. 

Anyway, I'll say no more. I'll just get worked up.

mark you know you can lease that kind of equipment? anyway, as been said most of the problems come's from desk environmentalists knowing sh*t all about farming and keeping animals and then there's the corpo's that wont give a damn for a litre of milk

I know - it's the joke we have here with them. Our neighbour just about hangs in on dairy farming...  We have serious issue in the UK with supermarkets like tesco setting the price of milk - not the farmers.

In many cases they are forced to sell at a loss :(

Norm, if you think I was having a go at farmers - quite the reverse!!!   My dads mate farms 7 days a week, 365 days and to actually make any money is a haulier in the gaps in between.

One thing I will say though, he could have retired on the scrap he has when it £250 a ton. It's currently £80 a ton...

And how many are paid for, Mark. Unfortunately, for every one of those, there's 20 just getting by. My mates youngest son's wife earns more child minding 5 days a week, than he does 7 days a week and long days. 

Anyway, I'll say no more. I'll just get worked up.

This is what I am speaking of here in America, it seems that the public sentiment is being manipulated one way or another to create chaos between people whilst the problem still exist and grows. We fight about whose fault it is and they win. In America the small farmer for the part is a thing of the past, corporate farms of 10,000 to 500,000 acres rule everything, and they are the ones that get the government subsidies, not the small farmer. We have a few specialty stores that supposedly carry organic and responsibly grown vegetables, but it is all a sham for the large corporate farmers to get more money for their produce. However, the real problem in America is the vast majority of people do not care one way or another. They do not care about the farmers, they do not care about the workers, they do not care about foreign policy, but let one tree get cut down in a city park and they will have a million signatures sent to to the President in a week.