S1g

Briggs & stratton 11hp wanted

Hi I'm looking for a horizontal crank 11 hp Briggs if any one can help please( I believe a 10 hp and 13hp may do as well). I particuarly need the carb and air filter assembly but will buy either just these parts or a complete engine. I'm in Hereford but collection from anywhere in the uk isn't a problem.

Many thanks if you can assist.

No horizontal cranks, but there are a few vertical crank 8 & 11 hp engines in scrap Westwood tractors among the Bolens Stash.

Not sure if the carbs / air filters would be suitable for a horizontal engine but if so, could remove and send.  Maybe others will know.

They won't fit Alan but it seems the Chinese are doing copies of these carbs now so I would have a look on the bay, cos good original ones are like rocking horse poo poo

They won't fit Alan but it seems the Chinese are doing copies of these carbs now so I would have a look on the bay, cos good original ones are like rocking horse poo poo

Hi do you have any links as I can only see up to 9 hp ones, or do these fit? I've been wondering if anyone knows if the carb bowl would fit off one of these. I won't know till Monday when the machine is back at my yard but I think the main body of the carb is there,but no bowl, or air filter bits.

post-104-0-52467900-1439112134.jpg

Well I guess ive been had! I should of been supisous as to why the front of the machine wasn't photographed.

Also the block is showing evidence of the con rod having of broken in the past, plus some serious corrosion

on the frame that's been filled with putty. Guess that's ebay for you!

The long and the short of it is im now looking for a complete engine, im led to believe that the 10 through to 16

hp engines are almost the same, please get in touch if you can help.

Unfortunately it is a risk and many of us have been there. Many years ago before on- line auctions we went to a collective machinery sale where there were two identical Ariens rear tine cultivators in consecutive lots . One had no compression and the other felt reasonable . Bought the first for not a lot of money and were given the option on the second for the same sum. Well, the one with no compression had no piston and the other one a lump of sponge rubber on top of the piston but no piston rings!

Can still laugh about it!

Going back to your issue, how was it described?

Unfortunately it is a risk and many of us have been there. Many years ago before on- line auctions we went to a collective machinery sale where there were two identical Ariens rear tine cultivators in consecutive lots . One had no compression and the other felt reasonable . Bought the first for not a lot of money and were given the option on the second for the same sum. Well, the one with no compression had no piston and the other one a lump of sponge rubber on top of the piston but no piston rings!

Can still laugh about it!

Going back to your issue, how was it described?

Re reading the ad it was a bit vague, however the position that the photographs were taken from must of been deliberate to hide the issues. It's not something that I'm going to get too upset over, just chuck it down to experience, soak it in freeing oil and leave in the shed until one day a doner engine turns up.

Going back to your experience I know somebody who purchased a line of about 20 belle cement mixers in auction, going on the feel of good compression. Every single one had a piece of sponge on top of the piston.