rog8811

Mayfield scythe Finger

Can anyone help with finding a finger for a Mayfield motor scythe, all the ones on my new acquisition are original Mayfield, one of which has the top tang broken off.

The other thought is that fingers of another make may fit, does any one know please?

post-542-0-68539700-1441051156_thumb.jpg

Hi, I have some Barford fingers but not sure if they are the same, can you remove it for a better comparison 

An allen sythe fingers will fit croft Mayfield cutter bar

I kept looking at replacement Allen Scythe Fingers on a website and thinking they looked the same.....had to wait to see if anyone with the knowledge would endorse it :thumbs: .

There is an Allen Scythe cutter bar at John's Stash. Might be of use.

attachicon.gifIMG_3159.JPG

Wish I could have had the opportunity to have done a full rebuild on that one Alan    :( .  

I kept looking at replacement Allen Scythe Fingers on a website and thinking they looked the same.....had to wait to see if anyone with the knowledge would endorse it :thumbs: .

Wish I could have had the opportunity to have done a full rebuild on one that Alan    :( .  

The complete machine is still at John's if you want another challenge Richard.  This one will be green though, not yellow. :)

The complete machine is still at John's if you want another challenge Richard.  This one will be green though, not yellow. :)

Can't even manage to accommodate an Engine Alan :(. Have to give the rusty ones a miss now sadly. 

Thanks for all the info, there is an allen scythe just down the road from me on another reserve I will run a rule over both types to be sure then my options are opened up.

The ones from johns stash though tempting is too much iron at the moment (have a look at my thread in off topic to find out why :) )