S1g

Im starting to really go off the police.

Sorry if any members are coppers but I'm starting to have enough. When we get broken into for the third time in months they don't seem to give a toss, (even when we recovered some of the items and gave them a name and address of the perportrator they still didn't prosecute ) yet on Sunday morning when driving my crap hole of a focus for the last time I got caught by a hidden speed camera doing 36 on a deserted road. Now they've sent me a letter giving me the chance to send them £100 in exchange for them sending me 3 points or the chance to send them £85 and do a safety course. Surely if it's about safety then they wouldn't have hidden behind a hedge?

I'll stand corrected, but my understanding is that any anti speed devices, be they cameras, vans or being operated by police officers, should be plainly visible.

it was from the other direction but not this way, also when I went back up the road there was a very small sign that has been there for months,(scince they dropped the speed from 40 to 30) I could fight it but if I lose I will have to pay court costs, a bigger fine and could get 6 points. I know what will happen next time a copper asks for help... Simply be told to eff off! Out in the sticks with us they relie on the community helping them police the area, well I won't be anymore that's for sure. Ok I was technically breaking the law but I allways drive at a speed that I feel is safe for the conditions etc and can't be that far out as I've kept a clean licence for 18 years, only ever been done for speeding by the French police up till nowand that was with them hidding behind an embankment as I was comming down off a dual carriageway where the speed limit dropped drastically. I just wish they would target proper criminals instead of using motorists as a mobile ATM!

Unfortunately for the general law abiding citizen its a lot easier to catch a speeder than a burgler and easier to get the money in.