S1g

Never switch back to bt!!!

Just a word of warning never consider going back to bt. I've had orange(EE) provide me with broadband etc for about 6 years. In early November my internet started working even slower than normal( where I live I'm lucky to get1 meg) after a month of orange refusing to sort it I spoke to bt about moving to them if the could undertake to provide me with working broadband. They delivered the modem on the 6th of January, and after getting cross with them they originally promised to have it working on the 15 th of January. Next they finally sent an engineer out last Friday, who after saying it was definatley the line disappeared. Next promise was it was definatley working by 2nd of February, guess what? Nope! They have call centres that don't answer the phone even after half an hour! When you finally speak to someone in India theirEnglish is so poor that you can't speak to them properly and to top it all they say that they will call you back and don't! I'm at my wits end with them! I just did a speed check at it came back at 0.09 meg!!!

At least you have a choice, out here in IT we can only use Satellite. Most of the times its good, but at times it will slow down to your rates without warning, no idea why.

Just a word of warning never consider going back to bt. I've had orange(EE) provide me with broadband etc for about 6 years. In early November my internet started working even slower than normal( where I live I'm lucky to get1 meg) after a month of orange refusing to sort it I spoke to bt about moving to them if the could undertake to provide me with working broadband. They delivered the modem on the 6th of January, and after getting cross with them they originally promised to have it working on the 15 th of January. Next they finally sent an engineer out last Friday, who after saying it was definatley the line disappeared. Next promise was it was definatley working by 2nd of February, guess what? Nope! They have call centres that don't answer the phone even after half an hour! When you finally speak to someone in India theirEnglish is so poor that you can't speak to them properly and to top it all they say that they will call you back and don't! I'm at my wits end with them! I just did a speed check at it came back at 0.09 meg!!!

Maybe BT are too 'Busby'!

Poor service is now all too common. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Well the second engineer has just been out( had to threaten bt with legal action to pull out of my contract to get them to agree to this) and he says it's all fixed, time will tell... On a plus note I've just found out that the first engineer knocked out the house next doors internet when he was messing with mine on the last visit,( my landlords parents live there and keep grassing me up every time I do something they feel I shouldn't and cause an absolute nightmare with parking because of their lack of consideration and thought) ha ha.

Been monitoring the speed on and off all weekend and it's staying at just under 4 meg download speed and 0.4 upload. This may sound slow to a lot of you but to me its super fast, particuarly as the villiage is only supposed to be able to get up to 1.5. Here's hoping it stays working.