RadRacer203

Tiny Tiger Parts

So I just picked up a Tiny Tiger generator for a pretty good price. It supposedly runs good, but I haven't tested it yet. Is there any place I can get parts for it? I know it's missing the handle, so I need one of those, but I'm not sure if it's gonna need anything else. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks, I wanted one of these because I'm driving across the country, so I can use it if the battery dies or something. And it's so small that I can leave it in my car and it won't take up much space in my trunk

On 8/2/2016 at 9:19 PM, RadRacer203 said:

So I just picked up a Tiny Tiger generator for a pretty good price. It supposedly runs good, but I haven't tested it yet. Is there any place I can get parts for it? I know it's missing the handle, so I need one of those, but I'm not sure if it's gonna need anything else.

Hopefully the previous owner removed or replaced the air filter foam before running it, as the original stuff disintegrates and can cause damage if it gets sucked into the engine. Webhead on here has new carb diaphragms if you need one, Wallfish has spare parts too.

If no one has a spare handle it should be possible to make a replacement, as its just a piece of flat steel with a large rubber grommet on the inside, let me know if you need any measurements.

y10a.jpg

David

Thanks, I'll make sure I replace the foam before I try running it. I think I'm just gonna dump some gas in it and give it a few pulls. If it doesn't run, I'll start investigating further.

Don't forget to add two stroke oil to the gas, the original mixing ratio (24 to 1) will be on the starter label, but it looks unreadable on yours from the pictures. With modern oils the mixing ratio can be reduced.

David

:WMOM:

Think I just replied to an ad you have on the local Craigslist.

99% of the time, the carb diaphragm will be dry and hard so it will need to be replaced along with a good and thorough carb cleaning. There is a great tutorial posted in the forum for doing it. Points need to be cleaned most of the time too if it doesn't have spark.

Finally got home to play around with the generator. I put some gas in the tank and it fired right up after the carb picked up the gas. I think I mixed the gas too rich, it's smoking a lot... And there is a big exhaust leak where the muffler attaches. Never had one of these before, but it certainly won't be my last! Still need a handle though, or I might just make one with some scrap I have lying around.