phil murrell

any one help with info

Welcome to MOM Phil, hopefully someone with a bit of ATCO knowledge will be along to assist

If you can find any trace of a serial number or suchlike or even better a date stamp I may be able to help out with relevant literature

Now then, maybe a northern chap can help here. My father gave me one of those, or similar. I gave it to one of the son-in-laws. I think he still has it. I'll check tomorrow.

Being from Sussex originally, all I know about them is they were available in the late 50s > 60s.

Didn't hold charge for long. Used mostly the same parts as standard Motor Mowers except for Lecy Drive Motor, and If I remember rightly, they had an 'Onboard Charger'. Came in various cut widths....... :dunno: ....Aooogah... Limit of Knowledge Reached :blink:   !    

As an 'Aside' to Phil's curiosity of his Electric Atco, and no intention to detract from it, I just thought I'd dig some info on the development of the 'Leccy' Mowers. 

Found a good link that gives some good info on the use of Electricity to power Lawnmowers if anyone is interested- 

http://www.designchambers.com/electra/index.htm