Triumph66

Old Buzzard Passed Away

Just to let you know that sadly Old Buzzard, aka Dave South, from Oberlin, Ohio passed away on Tuesday. He was a very  knowledgeable guy on Bolens and will be sadly missed on GTT. 

Yes he was very knowledgeable and shared a lot of knowledge on Bolens tractors to literally thousands of people fro more than a decade. Rest In Peace. I'm afraid we are getting to those days when this type of news is going to be a common occurrence. Whether you are into cars, motorbikes, tractors lawn and garden trains, the enthusiast are a dying breed and not enough people are taking there place, very sad.

BTW, on another sad note GTTalk is near death as well. Most of moderators and many of the members have jumped ship to a site called Tractor Fanatics. I was member number 2 at GTTalk and not long after it went on air I knew this would happen. I'm only surprised it to took this long, but its been going downhill for the last several years after the founding member/owner sold it to mega bucks media company. Everythings about the money with some guys.

6 hours ago, HeadExam said:

BTW, on another sad note GTTalk is near death as well. Most of moderators and many of the members have jumped ship to a site called Tractor Fanatics. I was member number 2 at GTTalk and not long after it went on air I knew this would happen. I'm only surprised it to took this long, but its been going downhill for the last several years after the founding member/owner sold it to mega bucks media company. Everythings about the money with some guys.

Alain, yes GTT is slowly disintegrating and many have migrated over to Tractor Fanatics as well as social media like Face Book. A shame as I like the forum very much and made some good 'cyber' friends on there. I know of several enthusiasts who have sadly passed on in the last year in both the Bolens and Morris LCV world. 

12 hours ago, Stormin said:

Sad to hear. He lost his wife not long ago I think.

Yes his wife died a few years earlier prompting Dave to sell up his collection  and go on a tour of the USA in his motor caravan called HMS Rainmaker. He wrote some very amusing blogs about his adventures and catching up with old friends and fellow Bolens enthusiasts.