Stormin

Slipping belt?

A couple of weeks back, maybe more, it's me age, I replaced the drive belt on my WH C-125. The old girl gets used far more than her stable mates. Mainly mowing duties on the green and verges around my abode.

Yesterday after mowing, I put the lawn sweeper on to tidy up a bit. I say a bit as the rate that the leaves are falling it's darn near impossible to keep things tidy. The corner of the green between the junction of lane and bridleway, is slightly steep and where I usually drive onto the green to start work. As I drove on with the sweeper, the old girl was struggling in 3rd H and half revs. Usually not a problem. Engaged low box and up she went.

My first thought was the drive belt slipping. This morning I decided to investigate. The belt was a tad slack and I noticed the clutch pedal when released, was against the foot plate. So I removed the connecting rod, after removing the near side wheel. The trunnion adjuster was rather tight so needed freeing off. Probably never been touched in 36yrs. Replaced the rod with the trunnion not screwed as far on and the pedal clear of the footplate.

Happy to say success and the old girl climbs the slope with out any todo.