HeadExam

Kohler TP manuals

I have become aware that many do not have the Kohler TP manuals that show all the variants on different Kohler engines and how to find the right part. The best way to tell is to download the Kohler TP manual on each engine model (or your engine) and compare part numbers, There are two sump pans for the K301 and K341 that interchange, but there are many more that don't. It depends on what tractor and engine as much as the horsepower . The TP manuals show all the various parts used on each engine i.e. all the starters and generators used on the all the different k301 variants, all the oil pans, carburetors, dipsticks, alternators, air breathers, etc. There is also a numerical system incorporated in the TP manuals that allows you to know what part was used on your variant by the use of the spec number that is on the engine. This is all basic reference 101 and saves much times and money in finding parts that actually fit. Attached is the TP manual for the Kohler K301. This manual covers dozens of K301 variant engines and if the "spec number" sticker is missing from your engine there is a website that you can find it. If anyone one wants TP manuals for other Kohler engines let me know

Kohlerl_K301_12HP_IPL_TP2097.pdf

K321_14HP_TP-691-B.pdf

K341_16HP_TP-983-B.pdf