Potash123

Stahwille 10805 Hammer

Whilst pulling down an old outbuilding at work I found an old hammer in a chest of drawers. Slight surface rust but could clearly read 'Stahwille 10805 Germany'. It has a wooden shaft marked 'Hickory'. Did some research and these are currently still on sale known as a pecking hammer.

I sanded it all down and gave the head a coat of Japlac. I polished the head surface and single claw. Hey presto a new hammer that gave me an hours enjoyment in the cave. These are retailing at $104.60 on line. Thought I would share this little story before you discard an old hammer. I will hang mine with the others I don't use that often.

8 hours ago, Potash123 said:

Whilst pulling down an old outbuilding at work I found an old hammer in a chest of drawers. Slight surface rust but could clearly read 'Stahwille 10805 Germany'. It has a wooden shaft marked 'Hickory'. Did some research and these are currently still on sale known as a pecking hammer.

I sanded it all down and gave the head a coat of Japlac. I polished the head surface and single claw. Hey presto a new hammer that gave me an hours enjoyment in the cave. These are retailing at $104.60 on line. Thought I would share this little story before you discard an old hammer. I will hang mine with the others I don't use that often.

Picture?