S1g

Uk bantams.

Nice collection , Why is the second from the left a different colour to the others ?

someone had thrown a tin of paint over it, but howard did do a gold bantam, a limited edition,at the moment I can't remember the reason behind it. The grey one in this photo was very tired so has now been replaced with a better example.

Here's a couple of other shots of the very rare BSA engine option next to a demon and 200. The last photo shows a bantam that I re engined with a Chinese Honda and used for about 5 years on my veg plot before moving it on.

post-104-0-67398800-1392540365_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-13489800-1392540400_thumb.jpg

post-104-0-18609900-1392540471_thumb.jpg

i know that some manufactures produced gold machines to celebrate the coronation don't know how that relates age wise to the gold bantams though, think that it was 1952  

Edited by hangman

i know that some manufactures produced gold machines to celebrate the coronation don't know how that relates age wise to the gold bantoms though think that it was 1952

now you've said it, I'm sure that's he reason.

only an educated guess lol

I will say that i have always considered the bantam to be one of the best all round allotment rotavators others may say the 350, at the mo i have a 200 and 220 both capable but im still on the look out for a bantam

only an educated guess lol

I will say that i have always considered the bantam to be one of the best all round allotment rotavators others may say the 350, at the mo i have a 200 and 220 both capable but im still on the look out for a bantam

I just been looking up in my litriture and have found one reference to the coronation bantams. I've seen 3 survivors. The bantam is one of my favourite Howard's to use, most are only 10 inches wide so go very nicely up the rows and the side shields protect the plants. Being slightly heavier than a 200 means they are also very nice to use.

Nice looking machines, particuarly the condition of the demon,the BSA engine on the bantam is the rarest of all engine options as they were used as a stop gap when the supply of Villiers and Howard's ac120 dried up due to material shortages. There isn't much in the way of references to the BSA being fitted in my litriture apart from one small blurry photo and the mention of the BSA not fitting the saw bench attachment.

My 200 is regularly worked at the moment, but I am keeping my eyes open for a suitable bantam again.

post-104-0-00389000-1392576624_thumb.jpg

Here's my demon last year having a break after working hard on a plot. It's a really nice machine to use the bsa engine starts well. It also will chug through just about anything. I'm looking forward to getting the bantam done and trying that in the ground.

post-102-0-29294600-1392579329.jpg

post-102-0-26646400-1392579622.jpg

Hi any pics of the throttle linkage on the ac 120 bantam mine was a pile of parts when I got it just picked up another one with a bsa 120 on it didn’t know they were ever fitted assumed Someone had fitted it later on  

60F42DC7-E853-49D2-8BE5-9E1876647548.jpeg