Wallfish

Got to meet another member

@K-TRON Chris was in my area yesterday visiting some of his family and he needed some diaphragms. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to have him visit my house and check out the collections of stuff, but maybe next time. It's always enjoyable to pull that stuff out of those hibernation boxes and share them with other interested people.

They'll make it out to a local show or two this year.

That’s great! If I’m ever out your way I’d definitely like to meet you and maybe catch a glimpse of your collection.  We actually have one of our company locations in Boston. If I get out there this summer I’ll keep you posted.

It was great meeting you John. There is a lot of good old iron in your neck of the woods. I pulled this 1951 Howard Gem out of the ground less than a mile from where you live. You cannot pass up a JAP engine when the price is free.... I took the engine all apart, cleaned it up and put it all back together. I had it running pretty good for a while. Last weekend a raccoon eat the plug wire and chewed the Wico model A cap into pieces so now it needs some hard to find parts. Anyhow,  I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe next time there will be time to view your collection.

Chris

8243005938048747613.jpg

Maybe one of these sections would be of interest for your Howard;

https://myoldmachine.com/forum/26-pedestrian-operated-machines/

https://myoldmachine.com/forum/27-other-garden-machines/

You could try a wanted post too, for help to find a replacement Bakelite cover for the Wico mag too, they are certainly more common over here in the UK.

David