CNew

Ohlsson Rice: Douglas PC 3 Insect Fogger Cold Aerosol

Click on the seller's feedback, set "items per page" to 200, use "find in this page" and you will find half of the dozen they sold last year.

The first was $150bin, the next few made a lot more on auctions until the market was saturated.

I did try & get the seller to list one without replacing bits & running them, but got nowhere, also it shouldn't state NOS in the listing if it's been used. :(

We all know the problems caused by the wrong fuel or oil and those reeds used in the Model 20A aren't easy to find too.

David

P.S. Shouldn't this be in the selling area?

I bought one from him a while ago. Opened the box, looked at it and closed the box. Though I'd rather have one of the type with a little 1hp classic O&R. Buffalo Turbine

It'll get displayed at one of the local engine shows this year.

Did anyone on here buy it then? I didn't bid as I just wanted to see how much it would make, plus it wasn't NOS any-more as the title wrongly stated.

41196903_Screenshot_2019-04-19VintageFoggerIndustrialOHLSSONRICEORNOSSmallGasEngineColdAerosoleBay.jpg.43854d17bb56f5a43ba0ddc8b4077e6d.jpg

On 4/2/2019 at 2:25 AM, Wallfish said:

Though I'd rather have one of the type with a little 1hp classic O&R. Buffalo Turbine

If you could find one cheap enough, would it be possible to convert it back to using the earlier 1HP engine?

David

I didn’t end up buying one of the forgets.

I was on business travel yesterday and today and just missed out on a Petro Products Chug-A-Drill on eBay that ended up going for a total of $193.  I hope someone on here was able to grab it.

13 hours ago, factory said:

If you could find one cheap enough, would it be possible to convert it back to using the earlier 1HP engine?

Never really looked at it close. Last weekend was the first time it came out of the box.

1 hour ago, CNew said:

I was on business travel yesterday and today and just missed out on a Petro Products Chug-A-Drill on eBay that ended up going for a total of $193.  I hope someone on here was able to grab it.

Didn't see it. Those are a rare rare item and I paid $350 ?? plus shipping for mine

Just looked it up and it went for $149. Bet if it was listed under O&R it could've fetched $350 plus

I can only find the Chug-A-Drill that sold at $149.99 too, I thought it was a very reasonable price too and was surprised it hadn't been found sooner as I saw it in January at $199.

248625699_Screenshot_2019-04-20RareCHUG-A-DRILLPetroPoweredProducts2-CYCLEGasPoweredDrillPartsRepaireBay.jpg.e47b084110af8c51d8abb7cba0e37651.jpg

There has been one sold for less, an Almico branded version for only $35 :jaw: in 2015, it was simply titled "gasoline powered drill" I found it by accident searching the web a while back and put a link in one of the Petro drill threads (now has no pictures of course).

There are 3½ I know of in the UK, this is the half one which didn't sell at £300;

u1a.jpg.e007a73f54162add4332543f52bf12ee.jpg

David

Yes, the one For $149 is the one I was referencing - I indicated $193 because I was including the $43 shipping costs in the total. 

My grandson was there when I opened the box for mine. He got all excited when he saw it and asked "Can I shoot it too?" He thought it was a weird gun of some sort.

To flies & insects it probably does look like a weird gun too, right before they perish from the chemical fog.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:49 AM, Wallfish said:
On 4/19/2019 at 12:07 PM, factory said:

Never really looked at it close. Last weekend was the first time it came out of the box. 

Maybe, the differences I can see are an adaptor plate, to convert the between the larger radial mount of the Model 20A and existing  mounting bracket (which is part of the frame).

v1a.jpg.e5a22f547f7ea68f36f8fc49981bbfe2.jpgx2a.jpg.9f91fc4cba5d943c887420e4e11cb1fa.jpg

Also the handle has a spacer added too, but that may have also been done for the 1HP Model 13B engine (which has the same style of starter mech, it sticks out further).

v3a.jpg.161be4571b90fc9b5212581ddb597158.jpgx1a.jpg.b4ad71dade35bacadce374ce0728192e.jpg

I'm guessing the 1HP turbine was cheaper originally and that maybe why the pallet load of unused ones has turned up, I wonder how many more the seller has. :scratchhead: Lots I hope.

David

10 hours ago, factory said:

To flies & insects it probably does look like a weird gun too, right before they perish from the chemical fog.

I was referring to the drill. It looks like a Flash Gordon gun

On 4/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, factory said:

I can only find the Chug-A-Drill that sold at $149.99 too, I thought it was a very reasonable price too and was surprised it hadn't been found sooner as I saw it in January at $199.

Why didn't you grab the drill in Jan. ? Do you already have one?

On 4/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, Wallfish said:

My grandson was there when I opened the box for mine. He got all excited when he saw it and asked "Can I shoot it too?" He thought it was a weird gun of some sort.

That's hilarious! 

18 hours ago, Wallfish said:

I was referring to the drill. It looks like a Flash Gordon gun

A minor brain fart from me. Dunce.png.b7d4ddd5eba0ddbb45dc98e5e0c43d6b.png

18 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Why didn't you grab the drill in Jan. ? Do you already have one? 

If I didn't already have these two (link below) I would have bought it when I first saw it, the fact it doesn't turn over didn't bother me either, I just hope whoever bought it manages to free the piston before they undo the cylinder.

David

What will happen if the piston is frozen and they try to unscrew the head?  

I have an engine that has a frozen piston and I’ve had is soaking for a couple months now in Kroil and it’s not budging.

Simple answer, a broken con-rod will be guaranteed as below.

SAM_10567a.jpg.417a68dd581d27738a702e57baf54c36.jpg

And as the Petro Drill has an early engine, the plastic bearing cages may suffer too.

I've only had one engine where I couldn't free the piston easily, but I determined a previous owner had already broken the con-rod by removing the induction section & reed valve to have a look first.

As the cylinder used a 14mm spark-plug I was able to press the piston out without further damage (don't try this with a 10mm spark-plug cylinder, a holey piston will result).

Here is the piston & cylinder from that engine, the rings are still frozen on.

SAM_10576a.jpg.bd57483bb84663667d130b858ac5a4c8.jpg

SAM_10575a.jpg.114f90c8fa95c9c0970ed6f960a64281.jpg

David