JDB44

O&R Tiny Tiger Parts

On 10/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, Wallfish said:
On 10/22/2019 at 1:20 AM, JDB44 said:

Would like to restore but afraid parts are will take awhile to get together. 

There's a TT parts motor on epay now. Search Tiny Tiger and you should find it. Nothing to loose by "making an offer" and asking a few questions. Looks like it might have all the parts you need plus some

If it's the one I'm thinking of (below), then the seller bought that job lot of parts TT & Drill for only $75. Don't offer too much for it.

p1.jpg.420f3a27d9cb4cbca233149c812da116.jpg

David

He must've wanted the carbs. But for $30, JD could get everything he needs plus some spare parts.

Think I saw that drillgine tank up for sale too for $50. If that's the same guy he grossly overestimated what that tank is worth. But for $20 they look real good on an outboard if you don't have the plastic cover. I get the most offers for mine like that at all the shows.

No, the carbs are on ePay too. The only part I can't see is the starter cord & pull handle that was with the Drill.

Maybe they wanted the Drill, but it's now got a broken gearbox housing with handle snapped off (not sure why they describe a hole in the gearbox as a crack either :scratchhead:).

I hadn't noticed before but the prices may be high due to shipping being included in asking price.

There is another more complete TT available for $75 + shipping at the moment.

David

I think your rite that's a hole  not a crack . looks like he bought it to sell !  I guess you could make money selling

o&r parts. Buy  them strip them sell them. some one is always looking for parts I know I'm always looking.

Well reached out to both sellers. Waiting to hear back on parts engine. The seller of $75 engine not interested in coming down on asking price or $40 shipping.

On 11/3/2019 at 10:41 PM, JUST O&R said:

I guess you could make money selling

o&r parts. Buy  them strip them sell them. some one is always looking for parts I know I'm always looking.

You could probably make a bit doing that, but you will end up with a lot of parts that no one wants, as that chainsaw parts seller on ePay has.

David

17 hours ago, JDB44 said:

Waiting to hear back on parts engine. The seller of $75 engine not interested in coming down on asking price or $40 shipping.

:fingerscrossed: Hopefully you can get good deal for the parts engine. I'm not surprised the TT seller didn't want to come down in price as it was an auction and has gone for $96 + shipping.

David

How much does it actually cost to ship these generators within the US? The generator section will be most of the weight & shipping cost.

It's even worse for us UK collectors, usually well over $100 to ship overseas, plus import tax, etc.

David

got an old engine here might wok for jmb44 ( don't see your name on here so its just jmb44) before I take the gearbox off I will see

if the boys can tell me if it will work ???   its a model b-II 102646 I think it has a different plug but need to see if crank is the same.

not sure if it has a tapered shaft ???

IMG_3158[1].JPG

IMG_3159[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

Typically the PTO shaft on the crank shaft will be a D shape for the gearbox engines.  It's been so long I can't remember what the older style clutches used but don't think those are tapered either.

Boy that bench is a mess :scratchhead: how do you find anything??  Got the gearbox off the back this morning ,

got a few pic's to see if the shaft is rite never taken a generator off yet. got two of them but still need to

be restored . Let me Know if the crank is rite I'm in search of a cylinder with that will work with small plug hole.

IMG_3161[1].JPG

IMG_3162[1].JPG

IMG_3163[1].JPG

Bench is a mess..... that's years of projects. Should see the area around the bench:D.

I can't find anything when I clean it up!

Will see what I can do to get Gen off. Looks like need to disassemble generator to get off of block. Will post picture when I do and cylinder.

I forgot about those! Maybe it's the chainsaw gear cases that all have the D shape shaft. JD's TT probably won't have the keyways.

9 hours ago, JDB44 said:

I can't find anything when I clean it up!

Ha, that happens to me too.

It's organized chaos.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:00 PM, JUST O&R said:

got an old engine here might wok for jmb44 ( don't see your name on here so its just jmb44) before I take the gearbox off I will see

if the boys can tell me if it will work ???   its a model b-II 102646 I think it has a different plug but need to see if crank is the same.

not sure if it has a tapered shaft ???

The 'B' refers to it being a tank mount model, 'II' is for Compact II (0.85HP) this should have the improved bearings, the rest is the serial number.

I'm curious to know if it has a model number or type stamped into the other side (arrowed).

82113537_447561820_IMG_31581.JPG.2f2bf1f7600caaa4b827edbc9e07daaeedit.jpg.1ad87edad40d644bb546b0c72ae464a8.jpg

On 11/7/2019 at 12:46 AM, JDB44 said:

Engine block has "Type 111"

That is the standard model/type originally used for older Tiny Tigers.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:11 PM, JUST O&R said:

Boy that bench is a mess :scratchhead: how do you find anything??  Got the gearbox off the back this morning ,

got a few pic's to see if the shaft is rite never taken a generator off yet. got two of them but still need to

be restored . Let me Know if the crank is rite I'm in search of a cylinder with that will work with small plug hole.

My bench is usually a mess too. So was my bench at work, much to the annoyance of the managers who would ask me to spent time tidying it up. :D

What is wrong with the cylinder fitted? the 14mm spark-plugs are easy to find.

David

18 hours ago, JDB44 said:

Will see what I can do to get Gen off. Looks like need to disassemble generator to get off of block. Will post picture when I do and cylinder.

I guess you missed these two threads, with a guide from @Wallfish and the original instructions (second link), yes the generator needs removing first to get to the screws for the engine block.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:38 PM, factory said:

Here is the Tiny Tiger repair guide from John, with lots of pictures;

And the Tiny Tiger generator instructions I scanned also has disassembly instructions (in post #5);

David

David

9 hours ago, Wallfish said:

I forgot about those! Maybe it's the chainsaw gear cases that all have the D shape shaft. JD's TT probably won't have the keyways.

I've checked the parts lists for most common engine types used on chainsaws and most use the flat 'D' back-shaft apart from the early type 185 (and no I haven't checked one to verify).

The tapered back-shaft with key-ways, I have found these on a Champ generator, I don't remember any keys fitted to either the back-shaft or coupling for the generator, pictures below of the back-shaft & coupling from my K.C. Wiggins Champ restoration.

SAM_4778a.jpg.3acb0b135c9a92487c93110b4c2d2a1f.jpg SAM_4783a.jpg.55eacc03c79fedb327308469bbc0eb2d.jpg

David

David I WILL AD PICS BUT YES ITS A MODEL B II  ser 102646. cylinder is good just trying to make it look like it should

if I'm correct it should have a uy-6 in it???? like to make them as close as I can. but sometime we have to make due .

I found a cylinder that will work for JD's generator but the crank has two keys in it . its taper  but Ive never had one apart so

don't know if it will work

IMG_3173[1].JPG

IMG_3174[1].JPG

IMG_3164[1].JPG

Thank you all for info on separating the generator from the crankcase. Will try fitting that in this week while renovating my deck and building a cart for a Stover hit and miss.