Sign in to follow this  
Stormin

Barney Lee's little walk.

Barney Lee is on a charity walk round Britain's coast line.   You can read all about it on his website. https://barneylee.co.uk/  

Tomorrow morning he starts out from Silloth on Solway and I'll be meeting him, somewhere between Cardurnock and Brough by Sands, on the Solway Coast. I'll then bring him home to spend the night with Carol and I. In the morning, I'll return him to where I picked him up and from there he will continue his walk.

Barney is now here with Carol and I. He's had a good walk, covering 18miles. Some by road and some on muddy, soggy footpaths across farmland. Luckily the weather's been kind with  just a briefish hail shower.

A more informative account of his journey can be found on Facebook. mylongwalkroundbritain

Took Barney to his start point this morning. His large bag I actually delivered to Annan in Scotland. When he gets to Cargo, he'll be picked up there and taken to Annan. In the morning he'll be taken back to Cargo and walk on to Annan. I think he's going to stay there for a couple of days rest.

You can't but admire him. Though the weather this morning was dry, by the time I was returning from Annan, it was heavy rain/sleet with strong winds. Driving was bad enough, never mind walking 18-19 miles.