BIGJOHNG2

Kenco model 61 pump

This Kenco followed me home from epay today:)!!! On outward appearance it looks pretty standard Kenco 61 until the front cover is opened... NO flywheel ! and no carb! Both pieces were wrapped separately in the packing box... and they do not belong with this machine! Let the buyer beware! The motor is a TYPE 115   s/n 063124. I am searching for parts!!!

John

P1020784.JPG

P1020785.JPG

P1020787.JPG

I should have the parts. Though I'm not part number or serial number savy like David is.

Is the flywheel key still in the crank shaft? Is the end of the crank shaft good? Threads for the flywheel nut. Open up the points cover and make sure they are there too.

The only thing I might not have is those orange carb gaskets. Clint @CNew might have a bunch. ( I should've scavenged some from that pile of parts from Neons LOL)

I see we got you hooked on the O&R stuff since you already added another tool! LoL

The points are there, the key is there, the crank threads are good, and the crank nut is there.

Yeh, I am hooked! Didn't know they existed until a month or so ago when I visited an online auction, although I remember O&R plane engines when I was a kid.I do like to display  engines doing work so the various tools are perfect! And did I say they are sure a lot lighter from my hit and miss engines and old tractors!! Old iron seems so much heavier than it used to be!!

Who holds the record for the most tools?

John

3 hours ago, Wallfish said:

I should have the parts. Though I'm not part number or serial number savy like David is.

Is the flywheel key still in the crank shaft? Is the end of the crank shaft good? Threads for the flywheel nut. Open up the points cover and make sure they are there too.

According to all the info I have, a standard A-47-11 flywheel should be fitted to s/n 063124.

There were some incompatible flywheel & starter-dogs for older engines (not a problem here as they must also be missing) and the earliest engines need a different flywheel, due to the crankcase casting differences.

We had a count on here a while back, I can't remember who had the most O&R tools at the time, I think we set the rule as counting different designs and not counting identical products with multiple brands, nor duplicates.

Problem is I haven't maintained my list, with all everything that has happened in the last year & a half, I lost several relatives and for a while hobbies got sidelined while we dealt with sorting & moving my Grandparents collection & everything else they filled the house with.

David

They sure are smaller than some of the other stuff. I do wheel Horse tractors which you won't really see much of that far west.

Don't know who holds the record, might be me but @CNew Clint was making a big run at his collection.  I don't know exactly how many are out there but maybe 60-70 tools I'm guessing, plus spare engines and parts etc.

Flywheel, starter dogs, complete carb with gaskets and check valve, I might have an air cleaner too but always hate to part with those as it's by far the most common part missing and therefore the most sought after too. I'll include some diaphragms too. 

I sold a bunch of the doubles. Some to Clint and some just out right but might still have a circular saw and or a chainsaw or 2. I got an extra Power pole snow thrower too.

A while ago I had a go at making some, had to use three pieces to get the same thickness as the two gaskets originally used, also note the earliest engines have a single thinner gasket.

David

9 hours ago, Wallfish said:

I found some.

Just let me know, sorry I was late getting to this party… good to see some more action recently.  I need to start another O&R project, it’s been too long. By the way if you want some new gaskets there are a few on ePay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193878842737?hash=item2d24145d71:g:ZzMAAOSwVChgHCCF

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363282262791?hash=item54954f6b07:g:zagAAOSwfeJgHBrx