K-TRON

Looking for 20A Engine parts

Does anyone have a 400081 piston or 200023 rings for an Ohlsson & Rice 20A engine? 

I havent been on here in a few years. I finally scored a 20A for my collection. It does run, but the piston is rather scuffed when looking thru the exhaust port. I will have to pull the cylinder and check it out. These seem to be very hard engines to find. I only have one in my collection of ~25 O&Rs. Were they only used on chainsaws, hedge trimmers and an outboard? Seems like there are none of them out there compared to the common O&Rs.

Chris

Thanks! I appreciate it. I think mine was run on 50:1 or straight gas at some time. It is on an insecticide sprayer so it is certainly worth fixing!  I hope to pull the cylinder soon and see how the bore looks. It appears to be a 'chrome' plated bore which I was surprised at. I was hoping it would have had a cast iron bore like the little compact engines.

Chris

P3800846.JPG

P3800847.JPG

Cool, I’ve never seen a sprayer with a 20A.  Definitely keep me posted once you open it up and check it out. I’ll see if I can scrounge up some used parts, hopefully in decent shape.

I sent a message to the seller on eBay with the complete head, piston & crank. Said it doesn’t have any scoring - might be worth the gamble, especially at that price which is really reasonable. 

Thanks for the link, I have bought from Bryce before, he is a little less than honest with his descriptions. I think it is still worth the gamble because of the price. I will likely purchase the crankcase this week.

Chris

CNew, I ended up buying the O&R 20 crankcase off of ebay. I am not sure what to think as of right now. There is some very odd wear patterns in the plated cylinder. I am wondering if this engine has only a few minutes of run time on it, as the rings seem to have been jumping in the cylinder. I will put the cylinder in my Sunnen honing machine and see what a few revolutions do with the junior hone, carbide stones and flood cooling. The piston looks phenomenal. I hope to use the best parts possible to fix the 20A powered sprayer I have.

Chris

P3840891.JPG

P3840894.JPG

That is an interesting pattern.  The condition of the piston and rings look new. Maybe the pattern is as you suggest and it’s just some early wear-in, barely looks used.  A light honing is probably a safe bet.