Rayp

Wolseley Scythe

Hi Ray,

If it's one of the Wolseley Merry Tiller Models with a Scythe attachment, you will need to obtain a Manual for the Machine you wish to refer to and one for the Scythe attachment.

Found loads online. here is an example for the 36" Scythe 

Is this a new project?

Regards,

Richard. 

Hi Richard, Sorry I haven't got back to you on your earlier message - I have 'abandoned' the Osprey for the present.  A mate found a 'better' mower (which needs some attention) and hence I am seeking information on it. It is a Wolseley Scythe of which there were two models a 23" and a 27" . I have a 27" which has 2 forward gears and a reverse and is built like a tank. Everything seems to be in order apart from the engine. It has a new Carburettor and a good spark, but no compression.  The valves look OK and are working so we will have to split the engine to locate the problem. The engine is a Briggs & Stratton, very similar to the Osprey engine, except that it has a large, integral with the pulley, centrifugal clutch beneath the belt pully and we need to remove this first so I am trying to find out how to do this.

Wolseley.jpg

Hi Ray,

Ah, Ok. That is Municipal/Commercial grade machinery which is way outside my parameters of familiarisation. Can't find any positive responses from a search of the Model number AG2327.

SPS tractors website are out of stock.

So if it's a Briggs, you should know where you are with that.  Good to hear how you get on with it.

Regards 

Thanks very much for the video link which is very helpful. A friend also suggested this video which wasn't easy to find as nothing came up by searching 'Wolseley' or 'Wolseley Scythe'.

6 hours ago, Rayp said:

Thanks very much for the video link which is very helpful. A friend also suggested this video which wasn't easy to find as nothing came up by searching 'Wolseley' or 'Wolseley Scythe'.

No problem, I just happened to remember watching it a while ago along with some of his other videos.